Author Topic: Beta readers wanted  (Read 188 times)

Offline igrokit1

Beta readers wanted
« on: July 17, 2020, 04:08:36 PM »
Beta Readers wanted
igrokit1@gmail.com

Offline Olesia

• Administrator
Re: Beta readers wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 04:40:23 AM »
Hey igrokit1,

Welcome to My Writers Circle!

To make things more personal we would love to learn more about you. Let us know what part of the world you're in, some background on your writing journey and how you found us.

The forum is give and take and the more you review and critiques others writings the more feedback you’ll get on your own writings.

Looking forward to having you as part of the community!

Offline igrokit1

Re: Beta readers wanted
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 01:12:46 PM »
Here's the author bio I sent in my so far fruitless search for an agent. If you'd like more, let me know.

Author Bio: David Fass
The Noodle Pudding Gang

David Fass has been a Liberal Reform pulpit rabbi his entire career. Growing up in an Eastern European family that always operated at full volume turned out to be a useful professional tool. The Jewish education that qualifies him to write about Jewish subjects began many centuries before he was born.
The Noodle Pudding Gang, a novel, begins the saga of Anshel Fleischman and his family. His experiences bend, puncture, and deflate some of the stereotypes we have of the lives of Jews living in Eastern Europe in the middle of the nineteenth century.
His first fiction book, an illustrated volume for children, The Shofar that Lost its Voice, was published in 1982. As a rabbi he wrote constantly: sermons, book reviews, academic journal articles, many of which were published. He taught sermon writing and delivery both to fellow rabbis and to rabbinic students who insisted on skipping their lunch hour in order to extend his class. He is also well known for his expertise as a storyteller, the use of humor in sermons and elsewhere, and his deep knowledge of Judaism.
He served his final congregation in New City, New York for thirty-four years until he retired. Rabbi Fass drove a sports car for much of that time because he felt he could better serve his congregants by being a faster pastor. When he’s not writing he can be found slaving over a hot stove, assailing his circulatory system on the treadmill, or sitting in front of the television emulating an Idaho spud. He used to play golf, but had to stop when his skills never progressed past the stage of ground aeration.