Author Topic: Lockdown Madness - Concept for a New Story  (Read 164 times)

Offline MJTennant

• We are the Gifted
Lockdown Madness - Concept for a New Story
« on: June 07, 2020, 02:33:55 PM »
Hello all

I hope you are all staying safe and well.  Thought about a new concept for a story which I don't think has been done before.  I haven't done much but what do you think?  We have had wars between all sorts of races etc. but not necessarily between the sexes, that I have seen anyway (apart from gender equality and smaller battles) but what about all out war?  Do you think this would be interesting enough for someone to want to read?

Literally just thought of it, but just wanted a bit of feedback.

It was all out war.  WW3 in fact.  The opposing sides… man Vs woman.  That ancient unanswered question about the victor in a battle between the sexes was out there. 
The outcome is still undetermined…

Segregation in its earliest form commenced during the coming of the century at the turn of 2100.  I remember the riots caused by The Five’s ill-timed debauchery which had injected itself into society at the speed of a bullet.  It was like a dose of the worst kind of heroine.  The potent type that spreads fast and consumes everyone who ingests it.
  What The Five had achieved during their five years in office was immeasurable and had turned history on its head.  No one spoke about the Holocaust or any other genocide like it was a huge deal anymore, no one cared; Segregation had smashed those atrocities out of the water.  It affected us all like a cancer, irrespective of colour, religion or standing in society.  It was now all about sex.

Offline PIJ1951

Re: Lockdown Madness - Concept for a New Story
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 07:21:35 PM »
Gender and gender identity is a sensitive issue at the best of times so you're over-simplifying this by separating humanity into two factions. I also don't understand how a World War could ever take place purely on the basis of sex since all gender types are integrated geographically. Wars usually arise when one nation (displaced or otherwise) seeks territorial gains at the expense of another who already occupies a specific region. You might be able to sustain some kind of guerrilla warfare, but not on the scale you seem to be looking for here. Thirdly, a situation where the Holocaust or any other type of genocide is no longer a big deal. . . wow. That's going to go down really well.

It seems you're holding a loaded gun to your head and inviting the reader to pull the trigger. My advice, remove this post and next time consider the reactions you might get before posting your rather simplistic ideas in public. I'm not particularly bothered about this one because I don't think you have anything here worth taking seriously - but there are plenty out there itching to start an on-line argument. Don't give them the excuse.

Offline JTetstone

• Jan Tetstone a/k/s Janice Sanford/nosuchmember
    • The Spirit Within Poetry
Re: Lockdown Madness - Concept for a New Story
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 10:35:27 PM »
Literally just thought of it, but just wanted a bit of feedback.

It was all out war.  WW3 in fact.  The opposing sides… man Vs woman.  That ancient unanswered question about the victor in a battle between the sexes was out there. 
The outcome is still undetermined…

When writing fiction anything can be made believable.

I could understand how a third World War could  take place purely on the basis of sex since women, even in the United States were once considered as male property, and possessed no legal rights.

WW3

It took two hundred years for Women in every country to fill the highest government offices at every level. After  passing one too many anti-male laws - males had no choices but to  fight back!

The history of worldwide slavery written in reverse.

Just my thoughts on the subject.   jt

It's a waste of time to try to teach a heart writer rules for writing.. Smile. jt