Author Topic: Greetings from the middle of England  (Read 132 times)

Offline MikeB

Greetings from the middle of England
« on: April 10, 2020, 06:23:20 AM »
Hi everybody, I'm working towards finishing my first book, a sci fi memoir.

I've always written, and since I was about seven have wanted to write a book, so last year decided to just get on with it.

Last year I worked on a film that got quite a lot of attention and have been invited to several conventions to talk about it, so there's a market for it, albeit probably a rather small and select one. I know I'm not going to get rich on it, so hiring an editor is out of the question. I don't have any spare money to throw at it, I'm just trying to do the very best I can.

I finished the first draft in November and have been rewriting and editing and tidying since. I think it's almost ready to send out into the world, I'm nearly as happy with it as I think I'm going to be. At some point soon I'm going to have to let it go, otherwise I'll be polishing every sentence and comma until the day I die.

My writing circle is practically non existent so I've come here to hopefully meet and make friends with others. I'm going to spend the next few weeks exploring the site and reading posts, plus doing a last pass on the book. I don't think I can stand more than one more read of it before I try to persuade someone else to look at it.

Looking forward to meeting you all, stay safe wherever you are.

Offline Olesia

• Administrator
Re: Greetings from the middle of England
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 10:40:26 AM »
Hi MikeB!

Welcome to My Writers Circle, we’re happy to have you as part of the community!

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of members here to help you with your writing, as part of the rules of this community we ask that you first review and offer feedback on others work before asking for help, it's a give and take kind of lifestyle here  ;)

Do you have a title already?

Looking forward to seeing you as an active member within the community!