Author Topic: Does writing in cursive involve curses?  (Read 413 times)

Offline pclark333

Does writing in cursive involve curses?
« on: March 08, 2020, 04:38:17 PM »
Hi writers.  Your beta reader type feedback is what I need on the YA novel I'm writing, and while it might be tough to read your feedback at least I'll enjoy reading your work in development and giving you feedback.  I'm a grammar freak but am not perfect at it, and in that way am a total hypocrite.  When I read I hear the words in my head (is everybody like that?) so things like word echoing really stand out.  It would be fun to be paid to be a beta reader, but have you seen how little the Fiverr people get paid to do it?  I'd rather do it for free without deadlines and stick to my day job.  Anyway, help me please, writers!

Offline maryhughes

Re: Does writing in cursive involve curses?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 08:54:39 PM »
I have written my entire Violet Trilogy in longhand ... and then "copy typed" my own work.  I'd be happy to swap a little beta reading - maybe start with a sample.  Currently editing "Imagine Violet Blooming" and the help I want is this.  It's Part 3 - and I want it to be as stand alone as possible. I want to know how confusing the first 25 pages are to someone who hasn't read the previous books.  It's historical fiction, Canadian, set in 1898-1906. 100% clean, charming, domestic drama... zero fantasy, sex, violence, paranormal, sci-fi or anything at all fashionable or trendy.  Plus it's written as a series of letters. Very not trendy.  I am also old, which means I studied grammar and have an undergrad degree in English Literature.

Offline pclark333

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 03:50:02 PM »
OK Longhand Writer, I'll read those letters.  You'll send me a sample at first?  Do you use Google Docs or do you want to send it some other way?  I'm flexible on ways you might send it but I might think you're old if you have an AOL address.  I'll send my first chapter (edited today!) as a sample back to you the same way.

From your writing I hope to learn some more better grammar and maybe help you out.

Patrick

Offline maryhughes

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 04:07:13 PM »
Hi Patrick,
I don't use Google docs - perhaps I should? but I like pdf files -  kindly send your pages to maryhughes122@gmail.com,  and I will respond.  And please tell me again what you are looking for in beta reading  ... Shall we start with 25 pages?
Mary

Offline pclark333

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 08:28:45 PM »
Hi maryhughes122.  I sent an e-mail with the first chapter yesterday, and hope it hasn't gone to your Spam folder.

P.S.  Sometimes I feel sorry for Spam.  It sure does get a lot of free publicity, though.