Author Topic: No pun intended  (Read 222 times)

Offline Jung_Love

No pun intended
« on: February 24, 2020, 02:40:13 PM »
Hi!

I'm a new writer, and recently finished a third draft of my first manuscript [semi biographical - but please don't hold that against me]. I'm looking for a critique partner, and to share advice on revising and editing. To cut to the chase, I'm serious about getting to the stage of submission, but developing my craft and authenticity is more important.

I've been self studying with the 'Writing Excuses' podcast and screenwriting books and videos (e.g. John Truby), so I have some idea of the consensus on how to write, and each draft has taken my writing forward. What I have is character based, not too flabby or saggy in the middle, that can raise questions in the reader (and hopefully original).

I'm 40, male, and live in the UK (unfortunately), and happy to chat with people of all backgrounds. I'm interested in photography, psychology, philosophy... (anything with a 'p' and 'y' in it). I don't use Facebook or Twitter but respond promptly to email. If anyone wants to chat in more detail about what we're both looking for [or not looking for] in a CP, please get in touch.

I'm also much, much funnier and smarter than this message, all the time, even when I'm tired.
Thanks for reading.
James

Offline Olesia

• Administrator
Re: No pun intended
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 06:31:34 AM »
Hi James,

Welcome to MWC, happy to have you aboard and looking forward to seeing your contribution to the community!

Thanks for sharing your story and interests with us. You'll find that there are plenty of members here to help you with your writing, as part of the rules of this community we ask that you first review and offer feedback on others work before asking for help, it's a give and take kind of lifestyle here :)

Thanks for joining!

Offline Jung_Love

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 11:55:53 AM »
Hi Olesia,

Yes, I saw the community rules. I'm sure reading work submitted on here and giving feedback will benefit my own process, also. I worked as a teacher, and went to art college, so I think I have a handle on giving feedback. I'll try and keep it constructive and clear. Thanks.

Offline JTetstone

• Jan Tetstone a/k/s Janice Sanford/nosuchmember
    • heartsong's Poetry Diary
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 12:39:46 PM »
Hello and welcome to MWC, James.
Because I care...

Offline Jung_Love

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 02:33:45 PM »
Hi JTetstone, and thanks.
It's a long time since I've been on a message board. A really long time.