Author Topic: Steamy fantasy romance seeking swap  (Read 192 times)

Offline DragonflyDreams

Steamy fantasy romance seeking swap
« on: January 05, 2020, 06:33:47 PM »
Good afternoon folks. Newbie to this place. I'm looking for someone to swap manuscripts with for beta reads. I'm amazed at how hard it is to find readers!

My manuscript is roughly 127,000 words long. Yes, itís a lot, but I know the kind soul who offers to beta read will find things I can do away with. I wonít be a whip-cracker about timeline, but I might pluck up the courage to step out of my introverted comfort box and poke you for a status update once every few weeks. I know that you're giving me your free time and I'll have nothing but gratefulness for you. All I ask is that if you find that you can't beta read anymore (or don't want to), just tell me. No hard feelings.

This is the second book in a series, and I can provide the first if you'd like. This story picks up right after the conclusion to the war in the first book, and our main character and her mate are preparing to disappear into solitude to love and heal as they wish. Their forever is taken from them when a new threat arrives, silencing their magics and steeping them in a world of lust and politics. Our heroine is torn between who to believe in order to save her world from this new threat; while fate seeks to tear her and her mate apart.

Like I said, itís steamy. Itís written in first person past tense and there is short prologue to catch the reader up to speed. Iíll have a list of questions Iíll want answered, and Iíll be willing to apply the same list to myself when I read your work. Iíll be an honest reader, providing detailed notes about my first impressions, plot holes I might notice, observations on the characters and their motives, and any other thing that crosses my mind. Message me if youíre interested in a swap (or just a beta read), Iíll be happy to work with you. Thanks for looking!

Offline Olesia

• Administrator
Re: Steamy fantasy romance seeking swap
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 10:20:17 AM »
Hi DragonflyDream,

Welcome to MWC!

To make things more personal we would love to learn more about you, please post an intro on the Welcome Board. Let us know what part of the world you're in, some background on your writing journey and how you found us.

You'll find that there are plenty of members here to help you with your writing, as part of the rules of this community we ask that you first review and offer feedback on others work before asking for help, it's a give and take kind of lifestyle here   ;)

We're happy to have you here as part of the My Writers Circle Community.

Offline DragonflyDreams

Re: Steamy fantasy romance seeking swap
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 02:35:25 PM »
Apologies. I had thought that an intro on myself might bore you all to tears, and so thought to spare you. However, I will comply shortly. (bring coffee!)

In addition, I had thought offering a "swap" would be an acceptable give and take that would enable me to get my hands dirty quickly, but I will adhere to your request.

Thank you for your warm welcome, I hope that I can be useful here.