Author Topic: Older Writer Saying Hello.  (Read 223 times)

Offline jackbruns28

Older Writer Saying Hello.
« on: January 01, 2020, 04:48:52 PM »
Hey all. I'm a writer, obviously, like a lot of people on here. I enjoy writing science-fiction, historical fiction, coming of age, short stories, and some poetry. I'm not sure what to ask or say as I'm an older writer(41) and never really got into either the whole Harry Potter thing or YA. Back in my day, I used to read mainly Robert Jordan, Stephen King, Michael Crichton, and Ray Bradbury. As of now, I'm trying to bang out a sloppy 4th draft of my science-fiction story. I'm struggling with it because both agents and publishers demand seem to want it at least around the 80,000-word count or so, and my last draft petered out a little under 60,000. Anyways, cheers to y'all.

Offline jadynm1234567

Re: Older Writer Saying Hello.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 06:54:13 PM »
Hey. I can't say I'm an older writer, and I'm a hardcore Harry Potter fan, but I respect that you've written a draft four times. Are you planning to post it at all? I can help edit if you'd like.

Offline jackbruns28

Re: Older Writer Saying Hello.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 10:36:39 PM »
Eventually, I will. I'm still only at 51,000 words. I really struggle with underwriting, so I'm experimenting with more POVs and sub-plots to see if that does the trick. Thank you though.