Author Topic: Hey!  (Read 52 times)

Offline GSchooner

Hey!
« on: December 04, 2019, 11:52:34 AM »
Hi all,

New member here: I'm George and checking out mywriterscircle for the first time.
Keen to learn and share...maybe get some feedback.

Take care

Offline Bajan_Maxrevus

Re: Hey!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 05:57:30 PM »
Hello and welcome to the board.

Offline Olesia

• Administrator
Re: Hey!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 03:40:49 AM »
Hi George!

Welcome to My Writers Circle, weíre happy to have you as part of the community!

There arenít a lot of rules here as we want to give everyone creative freedom, we ask that you respect fellow community members and help us maintain a friendly place. First review and offer feedback on others work before asking for help, it's a give and take kind of lifestyle here.  ;)

Start by checking out the different threads, youíll find Sticky topics at the top of each one which shares a bit about the thread and the purpose it serves, try to use the relevant thread for your topics and if you canít find one shoot us a PM so we can help!

One rule often missed by new members is the 2000 max word count for posts in Review My Work, 1500 max for posts in Review My Script and 100 lines in Review My Poetry. A reasonable limit considering critiques are often quite detailed. You will gain valuable feedback more easily digested in bite-sized chunks.

Please Take Note: With the exception of The Gallery, any work posted in the prose or poetry boards is subject to review by fellow members. You may find some critiques to be worthwhile. Some you may feel do not fit your work. Virtually all are an honest effort to help you improve your writing. Take what you find useful and disregard the rest. This is how we learn our craft.

As a newbie to MWC, you will not be able to edit your posts until you have reached the 50-post milestone. Should be easy, especially if you spend some time on the Games thread. It will also improve your vocabulary and hopefully bring on a few laughs. Have fun.

The moderators are easy to spot due to all the blue stars floating above our heads. If you have a problem, we are happy to help. Just click on the private message (PM) icon of any moderator and send along your question or problem.

Once again welcome to MWC!