Author Topic: Hey there  (Read 312 times)

Offline ReallyBigCapitalAM

Hey there
« on: November 09, 2019, 05:11:11 AM »
Hi everyone!
My name is Andrew McGowan. I'm an Australian writer fresh out of university. I studied a Bachelors of Arts and a Masters of Arts, both majoring in Creative Writing, at University of Queensland, St. Lucia, Brisbane, Queensland Australia. I've only been out of university for about 5 months and I'm avid to get started on my writing projects. During my time in academia, I got good feedback for my ideas and writing, but I have some bad habits with repetition when it comes to my writing. I'm mindful of this and do spend a lot of time editing, revising, and rewriting to get around this.
       I'm passionate about Science Fiction and Fantasy. I already have 6 different story ideas for as many novels. I'm currently prioritising the one that is the most complete in terms of plotting and character development. I'm mainly here because I love (and also need) critique for my writing.
       Also, am I correct that most of the people on here are in the United States? I read through some of the posts here--not many, admittedly--and I noticed a lot of American English. I hope my Australian English doesn't mislead you to think I can't spell, haha.
I'm a huge fan of Isaac Asimov, Philip K Dick, and Arthur C Clarke. I do read a lot of other writers who write in different genres, but those are the most important ones for my SciFi influences.
       I don't know what else to tell you all. Maybe some general information? I'm 31 years old. I like science and philosophy. I come from a Mechanical Engineering background (Refrigeration). I like Heavy Metal music and I am happy to make some friends while I'm on this site.
Cheers, mates. 

Offline Jaden_Michael

• Writer looking to transition into fiction
    • So you wanna be a cop?
Re: Hey there
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 07:33:23 PM »
Welcome! I think we can all use help with our writing and I hope we will all find this to be a productive place to practice the craft.

Online Olesia

• Administrator
Re: Hey there
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 08:45:25 AM »
Hi ReallyBigCapitalAM!

Welcome Board, we are happy to have members from Australia here :)

Thanks for such comprehensive information about you life and interests. Hope you will enjoy the benefits My Writers Circle has to offer.

Once again welcome to MWC!