Author Topic: Improving Writing Skills In Mid Twenties  (Read 327 times)

Offline Odetta

Improving Writing Skills In Mid Twenties
« on: November 06, 2019, 04:29:18 PM »
I looked at the FAQ but a lot of it seems to be about writing stories. I realized after college about the importance of communication and how writing improves that (I am a bit slow). Currently I started a blog, but I realize my writing skills are shit. The skills I need to improve the most are grammar related and other basic writing skills.

I also read a lot but that still doesn't improve my writing. Is there any blogs or any exercises I can do to learn and improve my skills?

Online PIJ1951

Re: Improving Writing Skills In Mid Twenties
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 04:36:40 PM »
There's only one way to improve your writing skills. Watch how others do it by reading the work of established writers. You say you read a lot, but I'm wondering what you do read. Novels and short stories rather than blogs, for example.
There are also plenty of web-sites offering free advice regarding the rules of punctuation. But again, you should be able to pick up the basics by reading more.
If your writing is truly that awful I'm left wondering how writing a blog is going to help at this stage in your journey to become a writer.