Author Topic: I'm new here  (Read 126 times)

Offline smion

I'm new here
« on: October 10, 2019, 03:11:06 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm just just your standard relatable trash trying to monetize his self-deprecating humor and turbulent dating history through the written word. I'm several months into a book - what originally started as a collection of short personal essays and narratives and has grown into something I guess I'd have to call a memoir (luckily, that's more marketable anyway)- and I'm in the long process of revisions and rewrites. I'm looking forward to eventually coming here for feedback on the entire manuscript once it's done! In the meantime, I'm glad for the chance to read and critique others' work.

One question - is there a designated place on MWC for narrative nonfiction? I'm happy to read and discuss all the wonderful fiction entries I see posted, but if there's a thread for other writing like mine I would love to see it as well. Thanks!

Offline Olesia

• Administrator
Re: I'm new here
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 08:26:03 AM »
Hi Smion,

Welcome to My Writers Circle, we’re happy to have you as part of the community!

Thanks for sharing about yourself. We don’t have a specific thread for narrative nonfiction, the Review My Work section does encompass all genres of writing. Feel free to post there. We are of course happy to consider a new thread if we find that more members prefer specific categories for the various styles of writing.

Once again welcome to MWC!