Author Topic: New Member  (Read 157 times)

Offline PIJ1951

« on: October 05, 2019, 06:10:40 AM »
I'm new on here - hoping to read some interesting prose and offer my two-pence-worth in return for free advice.

PIJ

Offline JTetstone

• Jan Tetstone a/k/s Janice Sanford/nosuchmember
    • heartsong's Poetry Diary
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 01:51:34 PM »

Hi and welcome to My Writerís Circle,  PIJ.

You'll find Blue stickies  (with the push-pin icons) at the top of each board. Read these. Theyíll help you find your way around and acquaint you with the local customs.

Moderator Olesia, is keeping a close eye on the forum and helping new members find their way around.

Have fun exploring the site.

Itís considered good manners to critique a few pieces in Review My Work or Review My Poetry before asking for reviews yourself.  Youíre more likely to receive helpful feedback after youíve contributed a bit.

Enjoy your time on the forum,

jt
Proud to be an American who knows what being an American means.   -Jan Tetstone

Offline PIJ1951

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 04:11:46 AM »
Thanks JT  :)

Offline JTetstone

• Jan Tetstone a/k/s Janice Sanford/nosuchmember
    • heartsong's Poetry Diary
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 07:34:29 AM »
You welcome, PIJ. Enjoy your time on the boards.         jt
Proud to be an American who knows what being an American means.   -Jan Tetstone

Offline JameelaM

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 01:52:35 PM »
Hi PIJ

Welcome to My Writers Circle, weíre happy to have you as part of the community!

Happy to read that you're ready to share and get advice on your own work, that's what this community is all about and we're looking forward to your contribution!

Thanks for the call out on that spam post as well, some do sneak through, in the future feel free to report posts like that so we can get them off the site.

There arenít a lot of rules here as we want to give everyone creative freedom, we ask that you respect fellow community members and help us maintain a friendly place.

Start by checking out the different threads, youíll find Sticky topics at the top of each one which shares a bit about the thread and the purpose it serves, try to use the relevant thread for your topics and if you canít find one shoot us a PM so we can help!

One rule often missed by new members is the 2000 max word count for posts in Review My Work, 1500 max for posts in Review My Script and 100 lines in Review My Poetry. A reasonable limit considering critiques are often quite detailed. You will gain valuable feedback more easily digested in bite-sized chunks.

Please Take Note: With the exception of The Gallery, any work posted in the prose or poetry boards is subject to review by fellow members. You may find some critiques to be worthwhile. Some you may feel do not fit your work. Virtually all are an honest effort to help you improve your writing. Take what you find useful and disregard the rest. This is how we learn our craft.

As a newbie to MWC, you will not be able to edit your posts until you have reached the 50-post milestone. Should be easy, especially if you spend some time on the Games thread. It will also improve your vocabulary and hopefully bring on a few laughs. Have fun.

And please read and comment/critique other memberís work. You will find it also helps you with your own creative effort.

The moderators are easy to spot due to all the blue stars floating above our heads. If you have a problem, we are happy to help. Just click on the private message (PM) icon of any moderator and send along your question or problem.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your writing journey!
Jameela