Author Topic: Sexual assault  (Read 160 times)

Offline Aysia6517

Sexual assault
« on: September 16, 2019, 10:09:59 AM »

No.

I scream, I wave my hands, a fist on a chest, 
blurred vision as my feet stumble, my mind telling me to rest.

No I scream, 
My phone in my hand, has now disappeared. His grip holding tight, my heartbeat increases in fear. 

No I scream, 
My veins intoxicated by alcohol, my words slurring by every breath, tripping on my own feet. Captured by a starving man, his feast that he wants, I will not give.

No I scream, 
A sober demon in front of me, pinning my arms as his desire rises to my pleas and whimper, why is it when I say no he continues to seek pleasure? 

No I scream, 
Tears prickled my eyes, I reach for the door as he grabs my waste, grips my face, forced kisses as I choke on my cries 

No I scream,
I smell his scent, I see his face, I can feel his touch even when hes miles away. I said no didnt I? Was it my fault? My first kiss taken away by a man when I desperately wanted anyone to help. 

No I scream, 
I pushed you away, mumbling no under my breath, as you turned off the lights and pulled me into your room. Music no longer drumming, only the sounds of his zipper pulling down, terrified butterflies floating in my stomach.

The devils hands groping my body, as my mind begins to drift.

With the alcohol in my system, he knew it was his, a victim to his prey, no I scream, as he silenced me away. 

Why can no one hear me? My cries for help? Why did he touch me when I begged him to set me free, my voice saying no, but his control tells him yes. 

My arms still pinned, the door an inch away. I try to reach, but I get pulled away. 

Passed around run by one, merry-go-round as the cameras are out. 

All can see my state, ignored by hungry eyes as my head begins to pound, wishing nothing more but to disappear, forced to not make a sound. 

I was sexually assaulted, but why would anyone care? A young black girl, theres no such thing. I wanted it, I begged for it, my ears hearing the same thing. 

I cry at my body in disgust. I hate the way I feel. Yes, I drank, but he had none. A 16-year-old girl, taken advantage by a man who was 19. 

My innocence snatched away, my first party now being my last. Forbidden memory I now keep locked away.

His smell on my skin, his touch as I scream. 
Regret on my mind, ashamed burned into my skin, desperate thoughts, wishing I never drank.

Id tell me no, Id put my drink down, Aysia please. Im begging,

Walk the other way. 

No I scream, 

No. 

Offline JTetstone

• Jan Tetstone a/k/s Janice Sanford/nosuchmember
    • heartsong's Poetry Diary
Re: Sexual assault
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 05:51:24 PM »
Very interesting.  Rape happens to girls of every color.  I was 16 when I married in 1965. My husband was 19. Bad things happen. Many times because we place our self in a bad situation.
If this happen to you, my heart goes out to you.

The poem needs  to be read out loud.            "No," I scream. should replace  No, I scream.

It is a sad but very well written poem.         

Best of luck with your writing.     
jt
Proud to be an American who knows what being an American means.   -Jan Tetstone

Offline LOLAAIDRIEN3

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 04:59:36 PM »
This is haunting. It's strange how cries for mercy from an assailant can make you feel confused on the volume of your cry or even the reason why you cried. It forever burns like salt pumped into you. You're left to think if you did this to yourself or if you deserved it. You're left to hate you and understand why they do too. You're left to you. Which should be comforting but it's worse than being left to unknown assailants. After this, being left to wolves is a cake walk.

Offline pbstud

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 02:20:08 AM »
Very powerful. Whether this is real or not it feels real and it's disturbing in a way that makes for good poetry. Someone suggested that this would be good if spoken. Probably so. Would like to see some more of your work. Keep writing.