Author Topic: Need Review/Criticism of Short Blog Post, Please.  (Read 70 times)

Offline bmarshall07

Need Review/Criticism of Short Blog Post, Please.
« on: July 17, 2019, 06:30:30 PM »
Hello Everyone. I am interested in freelance writing, but unsure of my ability or inability to write. I am grateful for anyone who will take the time to read this very short blog post, along with your best criticism. Thank you!  :)

My First (Shitty, Yet Informative?) Blog Post

Being Present

To be or not to be. Stick with me. You can either be here now or lost in thought or judgment, thus losing your participation at the moment. You can’t try to do something and do something at the same time, because ‘trying’ is the act of doing. Athletes become professional when they no longer have to try to do the motions, they just do them without thinking about it. Failure by ‘trying’ until you succeed by ‘doing’.

Why You Need to Be Present

The only thing we have to lose is this moment right here. And, even then the present moment is always fleeting. My brief point (of a much bigger point) is that when we are ‘being’, here and now, we are participants at the moment. We can exercise our free will. Otherwise, our brain puts us on auto-pilot, and we are a product of the vicious chain of cause and effect that began at birth. It is in auto-pilot that we no longer have control of our destiny. We are a leaf in the wind.

Driving Force of the Universe

Call it what you want. The driving force of the universe, Logos, God, etc. The cause of this fleeting of the present moment. I like to think of it as a horse-drawn carriage that never stops. And, attached by a leash to the carriage is a four-legged animal, and that animal is you. (You could just think of yourself as being attached to the cart running along if you would like.) Anyway, my point is to think of that carriage as the fleeting moment, the now. Whenever you stop to judge, dwell on a problem, and/or hold on to past thoughts, you lose your participation at the moment and are thus being dragged along by the carriage.

Conclusion

So, either live fully now keeping up with this force(or even ahead of it via sacrifices (a bargain with the future)) and in control of your destiny, or allow it to drag you through life against your will. Heaven or hell is a mindset and a result of involuntary or voluntary action. Your current circumstances are the aggregate sum of all the choices that you have made up to this point. Create your circumstances by participating in the present moment and exercising the power of conscious choice through discipline(and other things).

Take This and Run!

Every single one of us is all-in on this game of life. Why? Because none of us are getting out alive. You can either choose your next move, or it will be chosen for you. Play the best game that you can, because your heaven or hell depends on it. Choice, is your golden ticket. Happy choosing.

Thank you for reading!