Author Topic: On Attending an HBCU  (Read 719 times)

Offline nosuchmember

• Heartsong's Poetry  Diary
Re: On Attending an HBCU
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 10:35:56 AM »
Jt, yes, the many children I've taught to read and write are some of the great joys of my life. Literacy is a human right. The hundreds of hours I volunteered with and thousands of dollars I've raised for the boys and girls club was a rewarding challenge. The time I spend at the community kitchen, the service year I provided to low-income communities through Americorps, the years I spent defending them as an enlisted sailor, and the quarts of blood I donated through high school during the year spent on the board for the Suffolk American Red Cross, my activism and fundraising for save darfur, the contributions I made to Haitian orphanages from my military pay in lieu of waived state taxes (before the earthquake), the dozens of political campaigns I've worked advocating state and local Representatives dedicated to prison pipeline reform-- yes, I love black children. In the meantime, what's your point? And yes, I went to HAMPTON an HBCU!

I love all children. Americans are a many blooded people. We love our country and have no need for the UN or dual citizenship. We believe organizations are in business to make money-and the few pennies they donate, from the millions/billions of dollars they receive, is nothing more than 'a business transaction' to insure that good hearted people continue sending money, donations.

People who keep up with their 'good deeds' to push an agenda, surely exist to manipulate the lives of other-in a way to their own liking.

Thank you for all the 'I dids'. One can be filled with knowledge , acquired through living ones own life----and still be  lacking in wisdom and understanding.

Thank you, again.
jt

Offline AntonioM

• I am all that is myself
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2019, 11:05:31 PM »
What I know for sure is that your responses are prefabricated, engineered nonsense arguments. I'm inclined to believe you to be more Russian than American.

Anyhow, I will say it is amazing all the words you skipped over to count my "I's"." Boys and girls, community, corps, military, Representatives, campaign-- a part of organizations. Yes, I had many opportunities to lead and many as a follower-- but I only list my individual efforts because those organizations are large and carry out many functions. I don't know what you think love is-- but it is not a series of thank yous, it's a big, fat you're welcome!

And you are welcome, Mrs. America, for the honor of reshaping our pseudo-Christian, delusional, drug/sex/violence obsessed culture.

Please do not homeschool any more children. You no longer have control of syntax, grammar, punctuation, or cohesion. Stating the basic definition of a business does not qualify a belief system. . . Many Americans enjoy dual citizenship. The United Nations headquarters is in New York City.  You have no idea what you're talking about.

I sincerely hope you are a Russian-- for America's sake.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 11:16:58 PM by AntonioM »
ARM

Offline nosuchmember

• Heartsong's Poetry  Diary
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2019, 11:40:27 PM »
What I know for sure is that your responses are prefabricated, engineered nonsense arguments. I'm inclined to believe you to be more Russian than American.

Anyhow, I will say it is amazing all the words you skipped over to count my "I's"." Boys and girls, community, corps, military, Representatives, campaign-- a part of organizations. Yes, I had many opportunities to lead and many as a follower-- but I only list my individual efforts because those organizations are large and carry out many functions. I don't know what you think love is-- but it is not a series of thank yous, it's a big, fat you're welcome!

And you are welcome, Mrs. America, for the honor of reshaping our pseudo-Christian, delusional, drug/sex/violence obsessed culture.

Please do not homeschool any more children. You no longer have control of syntax, grammar, punctuation, or cohesion. Stating the basic definition of a business does not qualify a belief system. . . Many Americans enjoy dual citizenship. The United Nations headquarters is in New York City.  You have no idea what you're talking about.

I sincerely hope you are a Russian-- for America's sake.

Thank you, again. 

I believe we both know where we stand on issues of 'blackness'....  Thank you, for repeating your qualifications as a sa... but  it was not necessary. 

jt

Offline AntonioM

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2019, 11:48:01 PM »

Antonio
ARM

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2019, 06:33:01 PM »

Antonio, I can't post here without my font going haywire - a glitch they STILL haven't fixed in this forum since they took over almost 3 years ago. Hench the old regulars seldom frequent this site anymore. Well, that's just one of the deterrents. ::)

Your poem is powerful. I get it.

I tried to link you to performance/teaching poet, Glenis Redmond. I met her at the Ojai Storyteller's Festival and adore the woman. Took her workshop twice - always powerful.  Look her up, make contact. She's a very approachable woman and I think, she'd love to collaborate with you, teaching, reaching out to other children, especially black, underprivileged, and incarcerated children, if you can reach her.

Tell her that her friend and white (pale cream, actually) sister, Deborah, from Ojai (pronounced, oh-hi) sent you.

Best of luck to you in all you do.

~Deb

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 11:22:46 PM by DGSquared »
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline AntonioM

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2019, 06:58:53 PM »
Deb, Thanks for reading and your explanation of my sudden presence in the internet twilight zone. . . I will reach out to your friend, she seems awesome.

Thank you,

Antonio
ARM