Author Topic: Happy Friday!  (Read 168 times)

Offline Katie D

Happy Friday!
« on: June 07, 2019, 10:40:13 AM »
Hey there!  Happy Friday or whatever day it is when you see this.

I was looking for how to find Beta Readers and stumbled upon this website. 

I'm tinkering with my third draft of a novel.  It's very existential fiction, possibly for preteens or teens.  I wrote it for my daughter who was 8 when I started and is now 13.  I'm a teacher and one of my courses is kind of a seminar about cosmology... what are we, what is reality, what do we ever know, is there objective good and evil and can we know them, do we have free will, do our choices matter, what is the future of our species and our universe... that kind of fun stuff.  I started this novel as a way to embed some of those big life questions in an easier-to-read-than-essays story. 

I also have a blog about my experiences with parenting a special needs child, but I was very enthusiastic about it for a few months and then neglected it for a year.  Doh

I get discouraged sometimes, wondering if I actually have anything to say worth hearing, or in a different way than all the other people who have already said it.  But the written word certainly helped me in my life; the only way I might pay it forward is by learning this craft and giving it an honest, humble try.  And I'm enjoying it as a hobby for the intellectual stimulation, so at least there's that.

Anyway, best wishes to my fellow travelers on the writing journey!

Offline nosuchmember

• Heartsong's Poetry  Diary
Re: Happy Friday!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 12:03:21 PM »
Hi Katie and welcome to MWC.