Author Topic: [Crashes through the ceiling] Ooof!  (Read 392 times)

Offline An Albatross Man

[Crashes through the ceiling] Ooof!
« on: April 17, 2019, 04:53:40 PM »
Sorry about the mess folks! My engine decided to quit, and gravity sort of took over from there. Had to bail. 

Since I've made an entrance though, I might as well stick around and introduce myself.

You can call me Vin--or even Vinny, if you like (some people do).  I'm life-long dreamer, story-teller, and professional small-boy, who somehow managed to convince Uncle Sam's Yacht Club to let me fly airplanes and helicopters for a while. Since that adventure is rapidly coming to an end (currently flying a desk in DC instead), it's time to get serious about the series of five historical novels I've been writing (and re-writing) for the past dozen years. Since all art is ultimately about the audience, and I would like that audience to extend beyond myself and a few of my pilot friends, here I am!  In return for the feedback and vital criticism of anonymous fellow travelers on the Web, I am happy to read and contribute in-kind.

Thanks for having me. And don't worry, I'll patch that hole in the ceiling like it wasn't ever there. Promise.

-Vin, The Albatross Man

Offline nosuchmember

• Heartsong's Poetry  Diary
Re: [Crashes through the ceiling] Ooof!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 08:48:10 PM »
Hi Vin. Welcome to MWC.  And I'm happy to see you patched the hole. Thanks.   jt

Offline msgretagreen

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 06:27:31 AM »
Welcome Vin!
I'm new to the site, but also write historical fiction. If you post any pages, I am happy to take a look. I did a search for the genre, and didn't find many recent submissions. Fantasy and YA seem more popular here.
Happy writing!

Offline KMStarling

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 06:10:40 PM »
Welcome Vin, quite the entrance.  :D

Look forward to reading your work or helping in any way I can.