Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 754 times)

Offline Vienna

Moderators
« on: March 08, 2019, 03:28:00 AM »
are there no Mods anymore on here?
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline heartsongjt

• A/K/A Jan (Sanford) Tetstone
    • Heartsong's Poetry Diary
Re: Moderators
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 11:38:59 AM »
are there no Mods anymore on here?

The best 'Mods' are those who watch the MWC boards while the Mods are away.   ;)
Words are Weapons of Demons and Saints

Offline Vienna

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 11:50:34 AM »
The best 'Mods' are those who watch the MWC boards while the Mods are away.   ;)

Ask a serious question and get a stupid answer.

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline heartsongjt

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 11:59:36 AM »
Ask a serious question and get a stupid answer.

Sorry, Vienna. I thought that was better than writing that the Mods here spend their time elsewhere. 

Offline Contrapasso

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 11:10:42 PM »
Due to the constant attacks and persistent account creation of a stubborn immature drunk (who I won't name), the moderators thought it best to liberate themselves from the stressful and unpaid responsibilities of moderating an already dying site, and took flight to the other place. I can't blame them. But do we really need that old model of elitist thought police moderation?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 11:42:26 PM by Contrapasso »

Offline heartsongjt

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 11:46:12 PM »
Due to the constant attacks and persistent account creation of a stubborn immature drunk (who I won't name), the moderators thought it best to liberate themselves from the stressful and unpaid responsibilities of moderating an already dying site, and took flight to the other place. I can't blame them. But do we really need that old model of elitist thought police moderation?

Can't blame the drunk. The MWC Mods, like the other members who decided to create a new home, because of the spam attacks-chose to not take part in commenting and monitoring the boards, for whatever reason.

Sometimes individuals place to much value on their worth to social groups.

I respect all peoples right to voice negative opinions- and highly respect any one who reaches out to help a group member. But to do so with a 'better than thy' attitude does nothing to help a new writer, who might be struggling just to find the time needed to devote to writing-because they work
full time jobs to make enough to support themselves and their families.

There are many new MWC members-who I believe to be very gifted writers. And I hope they will take the time  to comment on something they read. People ,even in passing, can make a difference in the lives of others. MWC members, individually, or as a group, can make a difference in the lives of other writers. And I hope each of you realize you  are a very important part of the MWC family;  that your comments and the posts you share/and have shared, are what makes this a great group to be a part of.

And this site is far from dying -unless the owners decide to kill it.

Jan

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 01:54:53 AM by heartsongjt »

Offline Vienna

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 03:24:26 AM »
The Moderators could simply ban the stubborn immature drunk instead of letting MWC get taken over by the said drunk.

Offline Vienna

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 03:44:53 AM »
Now the real you is coming out eh? I don't write filth or put people down. This was a writers circle now it seems to be all about religion and the pushing of religion. Religion and also politics should be on sites and forums made for those topics. I think what YOU want is to be here on your own.

Offline Contrapasso

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 10:20:23 AM »
Oh boy, another jumped up social gatekeeper, dictating what people can and can not write about. You sound perfect for the position, you should apply.

Offline heartsongjt

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 10:45:42 AM »
Oh boy, another jumped up social gatekeeper, dictating what people can and can not write about. You sound perfect for the position, you should apply.

By allowing negative too flow there's little room for change. Everything unfolds on a timeline. I sometimes forget what a different world we all, as individuals, come from; our own mental and physical world....and we none are perfect. The evil/harm, etc. one wishes on another opens one's own world to the demons living in other worlds.  My reply, my friend to this post :live and let the god... let not the evil in another rob you of the love that you process inside....Love is the greatest gift of all.    Jan

Offline Dwin

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 03:30:55 AM »
Hmmm... I'm beggining to see a change here from the site I used to know and love, and not necessarily for the better.

Criticism: A constructive discussion, comment, or approach which is useful and helpful rather than negative and unhelpful

Opinionated: holding unreasonably or obstinately to one's own opinions

Reference: CollinsDictionary.com

Offline heartsongjt

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 04:06:01 AM »
Hmmm... I'm beggining to see a change here from the site I used to know and love, and not necessarily for the better.

Criticism: A constructive discussion, comment, or approach which is useful and helpful rather than negative and unhelpful

Opinionated: holding unreasonably or obstinately to one's own opinions

Reference: CollinsDictionary.com

Hi, I find your post very interesting.   MWC has some great writers who do take the time to help other MWC members ...What kind of change are you talking about? Haven't seen you on the site. But according to your profile you've been a member since 2013.  Look forward to reading your work.   jt

Offline Dwin

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 07:26:49 AM »
I don't think I'll be posting any of my work for review until I see if it will get a fair trial hearing. I'll lurk in the background for a while yet  8)