Author Topic: Is it all Just Theatre?  (Read 337 times)

Offline Contrapasso

Is it all Just Theatre?
« on: February 05, 2019, 10:58:26 PM »
    I never walk. I have never learned to walk, for to walk even a single step, would take a tremendous effort and an unfathomable amount of time—a cosmic amount, even. Every tendon, muscle, nerve, cell, would need to be actuated, co-ordinated, co-located, fluctuated, energized in a controlled and balanced flow; here, now there, and so on, such that, a single step would take an aeon in time. I will to move, and I simply move. And the will to move is the only potential reality I will, which occurs instantly, and, with such eager responsiveness that it pleases all my senses in its illusion of agency. I can not separate it from myself. One might think the body was a form of illusion, a mirror of will, that acts upon the senses, like a hungry ghost—ever eager to please and deceive. Leeching upon the will, casting its spell of illusion in form.

Perhaps, somewhere, I remain, entombed, unmoved; dreaming of life and movement. As this world of illusion, dances nightmarish before me; my will, reduced to the feeble, ineffectual limbs of a scarecrow amidst a hurricane of my own terrible nature.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:40:44 PM by Contrapasso »

Offline nosuchmember

• Heartsong's Poetry  Diary
Re: Is it all Just Theatre?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:53:50 PM »
    I will to move, and I simply move. And the will to move is the only potential reality I will, which occurs instantly, and, with such eager responsiveness that it pleases all my senses in its illusion of agency. I can not separate it from myself.

The spirit does not walk it moves.  I really enjoyed reading "Is it all Just Theatre?" Thank you for sharing it.     Jan

Offline Contrapasso

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 12:21:01 AM »
Thank you, Jan.

It's always an honour to receive your praise and approval.

Offline nosuchmember

• Heartsong's Poetry  Diary
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 06:20:03 PM »
Thank you, Jan.

It's always an honour to receive your praise and approval.

You welcome.  Your writing speaks for itself.       Jan