Author Topic: Willing to beta-read/line-edit/proofread!  (Read 1239 times)

Offline jkoven

Willing to beta-read/line-edit/proofread!
« on: August 23, 2019, 12:26:55 PM »
I hope this kind of post is allowed here but, if not, feel free to delete!

My name is Jonathan Koven, a professional writer and editor. I studied literature and creative writing in college, and have worked in various writing roles since graduating. Currently, I am a tech writer for an international company, work as a fiction editor for a literary journal, and am consistently freelancing to help fellow artists. Happy to help anyone who needs a comprehensive beta-reader, line editor, and/or proofreader for their manuscripts. I charge $2 per 1K words, though if that's too much for you, let me know and we can discuss price. I only charge because the service I provide is very thorough compared to your typical beta-reader; I commit to the set deadline; and it's my hope to create a relationship between myself and my clients, so if in the future you desire a reliable beta-reader, I'll be available at your convenience.

My method is to highlight what works and what doesn’t in your manuscript, to honor the writer’s voice, and to preserve and nurture the story's heart. I am a patient reader and a meticulous editor. I use track changes, in-document comments, and provide a written report at the end of my read which addresses my overall reading experience and perspective. This technique allows you to accept or discard my suggested changes.

I've beta-read for hundreds of different authors, and you can be next! My commitment is to honor your time, to keep you up-to-date with my progress, and to honor deadlines. Rest assured, all communication with me will be handled professionally, and will strive to be as friendly and helpful as possible.

In case you're curious...
  • I prefer to read: literary fiction, speculative fiction (magical realism, alternate history, utopian/distopian, etc...) young adult, new adult, horror, mystery/crime, women's fiction, romance, poetry, and literary nonfiction.
  • I prefer not to read: science fiction, fantasy, westerns, and action-adventure.

Thanks!
Jonathan

Offline bfrgmx

Re: Willing to beta-read/line-edit/proofread!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 04:09:41 AM »
That's interesting.

I just recently join. I hope you're still willing to beta-read. I'll drop you a line.

Francis

Offline betsie

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 11:36:41 PM »
Nice to know you're available, unfortunately, I noticed I fall under your dislikes  :(

But I understand  :)

Offline genise

• Linkedin Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 01:42:41 PM »
Hello!  I just joined here and interested in getting some more details about this position. Is it still available? I am a talented, versatile professional writer, with 10+ years of experience. Please tell me where I can get more information.

Thanks so much!!