Author Topic: Do you write every single day?  (Read 3532 times)

Offline HPvD

• HPs Happy Writing Blogspot
Re: Do you write every single day?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 03:52:05 PM »
Besides of the daily writing I did mention in previous replies,
with things like writing emails, writing in a Journal, -
in notebooks (with self designed graphical designs),
writing blog posts, twitter tweets etc. etc.

I also frequently write you my Readers Feedback,

For example frequently write you things like - this reply - in a Forum,
or to thank you when you Liked or Re-tweeted a TWEET
on our Twitter page, and to write you Comments & Replies when
you give me your Readers Feedback to my blog posts.

To your Happy<i> - Writing -</i> Inspiration, http://hpshappywriting2.blogspot.com

Offline HPvD

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 03:06:59 AM »
As I wrote about in previous replies,

I usually have a lot of daily writing,
like emails, blog posts, tweets etc. etc.....,

Also things like writing short messages for
Greeting Cards for family & friends,

For what writing things like for example short Birthday Card Messages
is concerned, Since we have a Graphic Design Studio and frequently
like to show our new (Card) Designs to family & friends, and 'to get
them out there', and in an effort to get Feedback on them,

I accompany such Greeting Card writing with some of our self-designed
Post- or Greeting Card Designs, The great thing is that from our webstore,
besides buying real cards and sending them over the 'Snail mail', I can also
offer the service of sending them through the Internet as E-Cards.

To your Happy<i> - Writing -</i> Inspiration, http://hpshappywriting2.blogspot.com

Offline MikeAnderson

• Holy rejection letter, Bat-Man!
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 02:24:33 PM »
I don't, and it's the same reason I don't work out, or browse "dem Internets" every single day; too much constant strain and repetition will do more damage than good. Plus, one has to clean the mental filter every once in awhile.

I've seen this happen with writers too often; once it starts becoming an obligation, a compulsory task, all the magic and joy from the craft gets bled out, and it starts becoming a chore. Writing can't be work; work is a task that is mandatory. Writing is an author voluntarily exposing a piece of themselves for posterity. Their shout to the world "hey, I've got something say." But, when one makes it a point to try to say something constantly, even when they have nothing to contribute that particular time, it becomes empty. It's like printing too much money, or excessively producing any other good and service; it just devalues the quality of the product.

Some of the best ideas I get for material is during periods when I don'ttouch a pen or a keyboard. I clear my head, absorb the world around me instead of trying to create one.

Go to the park. Catch a flick. Play with my baby nephew. Decompress once in a while. Mini vacations from nouns, verbs, and my delusions that my writs serve as something more than an excuse to avoid mowing the yard.

Then, of course, there's this crap normal people have called "a real life!" "Working." "Buying groceries" "Medical insurance." "I have to take my kid to the hospital because he accidentally drank anti-freeze, thinking it was Lemon Lime Kool-Aid."

I still make that mistake, even though by now I should have it embedded into my brain Prestone tastes NOTHING remotely like lemon lime! :P

Point is, it's not a good idea to write too much. Practice does make perfect, but too much practice makes a burn out. 5 days a week is my cap. Once you find yourself hitting a wall, take a break.  It's okay to step away from the Word program, and clean the mental and spiritual filter out. A break from writing is permitted.

Now editing, on the other hand, you never can get away from that kid eating sewer clown.

The struggle to prevent too many semicolons and run-on paragraphs will be your burden until you die. Get used to it, soldier! ;)   

Offline HPvD

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 05:59:22 PM »
Besides the several types of writing I did mention in previous replies,

Like writing all kinds of special notes, ideas concepts, writing emails, tweets (for Twitter-serials), writing blog posts, readers feedback, writing comments & replies on blog posts, or threats & replies in Forums, (like the one you are reading right now!)

and - among other things - writing things like short messages for our own Specially Designed Post - & Greeting Cards for family & friends, on 'Real Cards' or sending them as E-Cards, also doing Journaling in self-designed notebooks.

This Journaling also occasionally provides me with themes for writing Song Lyrics, some of the (sub)-topics that I write about on my Music Blog.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:42:50 AM by HPvD »

Offline ThatWriterChick1976

• I'm writing and editing with wicked glee
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2019, 09:09:04 PM »
I have a blog, so I write on that when desire strikes. However, I'm working on my projects each day, except weekends. My brain must rest.

Offline HPvD

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2019, 03:13:41 AM »
As mentioned in previous replies, I frequently write
in a Journal (Journals), and it usually gives me new ideas
for writing new blog posts.

Blog posts that sometimes make it to the Most Popular Posts list,
that's in the side bar of my Blog(s), and when they do, they usually also
are about a topics that you as a reader like to read, and that
I can elaborate on and write more blog posts about.

Possibly even blog posts that make you want to write your comments & replies,
Possibly even comments & replies that inspire me to write interesting replies
and write new blog posts about daily.

Offline HPvD

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2019, 05:39:35 AM »
As I wrote about in previous replies, I have all kinds of Daily writing,

I also frequently write messages on one of our own self designed Post- and Greeting- Cards,
for things like Birth Days, and other Occasions, as a Real Card with a stamp on it,
or send as an E-Card. 

We also created a special line of our own design DIY-(e)Cards, with great looking
photos, that you can easily personalize with your own messages, when you like. We also created
several pre-created examples that you can choose from, to show you
what you can do with our - Do It Yourself - Cards.

Today we did send an other one of our DIY-Cards, to send a Birthday Message,
and turned our DIY-(e)Card into a special personalized Birthday Card.

(You can see - and read more, about our (e)Cards on my blog)   

Offline Bajan_Maxrevus

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2019, 11:38:56 PM »
This has been a struggle for me over the last few years. As soon as I get into a great writing rhythm, either work or life pulls me away for a bit. I'm an outline writer so I know where my stories are supposed to go but the flow always takes some time to come back. If life would allow, I would write every day.