Author Topic: Book or movie character?  (Read 805 times)

Offline Lucian Hodoboc

• Lucian Hodoboc's blog
Book or movie character?
« on: January 07, 2019, 07:40:50 AM »
The game goes like this: you post the name of a character from a book that has also been adapted into a movie, and the next poster has to mention whether they liked the character more in the book or in the movie. When you reply, you also have to post another character for the neext poster... and so on and so forth.

I'll start the game: Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games - book or movie?

Offline JameelaM

• Administrator
Re: Book or movie character?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 09:55:34 PM »
Ooh! Fun! Excellent idea Lucian. I'll have to be honest I'm guilty of having seen the movie and never reading the book :P

I'll have to add it to my reading list before I can give an honest answer.

I will however continue the challenge with Professor Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter Series

I thought his wisdom ran deeper in the book, on account of there being more time/pages for him to share it, my vote goes to book for Albus :)

Offline LucienneR

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 03:05:36 PM »
Book! I never really got over having two different actors for Dumbledore in the movies.

Next character: Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice (any film adaptation, since there are several)

Offline MJTennant

• We are the Gifted
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 09:11:35 AM »
Pride and Prejudice - BBC adaptation with Jennifer Ehle over the book but definitely the book instead of the version with Keira Knightley, who almost killed it for me (sorry, am I aloud to use TV versions?).

Next...

Clarice M. Starling - Silence of the Lambs.

Offline LunaStar

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 04:26:27 PM »
Book for this one as well. It's actually very rare for me to prefer the movie adaptation of a book.

Next character: Lisbeth Salander from Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.