Author Topic: This is possibly ther smartest thing I have ever read -Does anybody agree?  (Read 506 times)

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

• Sigmund Freud versus Carl Jung
Do you like this piece as much as I do?

http://jajool.com/honest

I honestly think it's brilliant !!!!!

Offline heartsongjt

• A/K/A Jan (Sanford) Tetstone
    • Heartsong's Diary
Re: This is possibly ther smartest thing I have ever read -Does anybody agree?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »
Thank you for sharing.  I found nothing there I didn't already know...But, the article is well written. 
Words are Weapons of Demons and Saints

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 12:11:03 AM »
Thank you. I wrote it but didn't put my name to it because I consider myself to be more of a researcher than a writer

-so if you agree with it I guess it's good research/analysis.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 12:13:30 AM by Louis D. Thorpe »

Offline heartsongjt

• A/K/A Jan (Sanford) Tetstone
    • Heartsong's Diary
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 08:46:36 AM »
Louis, Does not honesty begin with an honest person?
I had deleted my account but reactivated it because of the subject matter I found on the site [the link you posted].

Thank you.

Jan Tetstone

Words are Weapons of Demons and Saints

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 08:31:31 AM »
This world encourages dishonesty and "fakery" instead of human decency and accountability and as long as that is the case, things will continue to spiral out of control.

We have the best democracy money can buy and market our political leaders the way we sell soap.

How can we possibly survive the New, Stupid Cold War, which has already become a Deep Freeze, without transparency, human decency and accountability?

Offline Thral Dom

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 12:39:27 PM »
"We have the best democracy money can buy..."

Perhaps, you're not as smart as you imagine you are.

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 01:43:18 PM »
Perhaps, what you think is not as important as you think it is.

Petty critics are a dime a dozen and they are essentially useless people like Dick Cheney, the Bushes, Hillary Clinton (Bill was great), John Bone Saw Bolton, Thral Dom, Henry Kissinger, etc., etc., etc...

Hope that in the near future, this thread can be used to celebrate the funeral of war criminal Henry Kissinger -Is there anything wrong with criticizing the people who are responsible for the current chaos in the world?

Are we going to continue to blame social media for the election of Trump when the mainstream media and corrupt or incompetent politicians (paid and bought by corporate media interests and billionaire megalomaniacs) are exclusively responsible for that?

Are we really that delusional?

I don't include Donald Trump in the above list of creepy and disgusting war criminals. He was merely elected and selected because the people did not want another Bush or another Clinton in the White House, a peculiar anomaly...not worth wasting too much time thinking about...

But if he keeps enabling idiots like Bolton, he will soon join the club...

Replace the eagerness to share your ignorance by trying to learning something.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 03:12:06 PM by Louis D. Thorpe »

Offline Louis D. Thorpe

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 09:11:41 PM »
Brother, I agree these puppets of imperialism need to brought to justice, but what use is witch-hunting the system's excrescences, without addressing the underlying cause? 

You said,
"We have the best democracy money can buy..."

1. We do not have a democracy. 2. And, if we have a democracy, it could not be bought with money. And 3. You assume that the best democracies could be bought, or at least, that money-relation is firmly coupled with political-relations, that is (we're rich enough, we ought to be political enough! Like the 5 billion spent on political US races, is somehow justified). The same argument being: "We're a rich country, why can't we take care of our poor!"

Well, this all stems from a chloroformed approach to our existing socio-political system, capitalism—It's very noble going after individual figureheads, but the fundamental system, is one of slavery, and you say nothing about that. The reason rich countries are rich, is because they are advanced enough to exploit their workers more effectively. And wars of imperialism, are only their way of imposing our domestic social-system of advanced slavery on others. And what is a country, but a cage!

I don't hear you saying anything about this in your "truth" article, but you remain confined within a social democratic, i.e Democrat Inc, perspective. You want us all screaming at telescreen Oceania/Eurasia towards individual figures, as in 1984.

Well, good luck to you brother, but personally, I don't buy your brand of bullshit. It aint truth.
To me it is just rehashed Washington Post shite.

Your truth is subjective.

I don't understand you "brother".

The Washington Post was behind the Gulf War.

http://jajool.com/bush

I was against it from the start, check out my position above.

I get the feeling that we are on the same side but for some reason, you just want to argue.

I am too old to argue.  I'll just think about your post and ad some more about what we can possibly do to bridge a gap that is, in my position, more imaginative than real.

For example, you should not compare what I write to the Washington Post. In my view, Watergate was a successful cover-up, the Post is not my idea of good journalism.

Truth is about fact and that is not subjective.  Facts speak for themselves and they have to be examined closely to determine whether they have been distorted for the sake of advancing an agenda or promoting special interests.

Democracy is the experiment, even though it has never been perfected it is what we should aspire to become, and the ultimate trick is to find leaders who merit the authority we give them and to hold them accountable when they screw up.

If we hold people accountable everything will work out.