Author Topic: One Wise Fool  (Read 493 times)

Offline drhugo

One Wise Fool
« on: December 09, 2018, 01:11:44 AM »
One Wise Fool is my 103,000-word published novel set in the remote islands and seas of the Malay Archipelago. Based on my own experiences, readers have posted great reviews as the tale is authentic, informative and compelling. Although happy to have shared my story through the adventures and misadventures on my main character, Nyoman, I have not yet made one red cent from the book. Others have commented that it would make a great movie based on such a screenplay. I therefore remain open to proposals from anyone who could produce it. It's up for grabs! Any ideas or suggestions? Any takers?

Since I never made any money as a writer - even given my quite adequate qualifications including B.A., M.A., Dip.Ed., Ph.D. et al - I built my own boat and "ran away to sea!".

Welcome aboard!

Cheers!

Hugo
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:02:47 PM by JameelaM »

hillwalker3000

Re: One Wise Fool
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 09:27:56 AM »
Hi drhugo.

I would normally welcome you to MWC and suggest you take time to introduce yourself properly. Maybe browse the site to see how it works before jumping in the deep end and making such a request. But I can see you have posted on here once before already, back in 2007 when you posted a small-minded and uncalled-for reply to a genuine query.

MWC is a site for aspiring writers to post excerpts of their work and invite polite but honest critiques. We're here for the long haul. It is not a site for those merely passing through wanting to advertise their latest novel and invite backing or co-producers. Most on here won't even risk clicking on a link posted by a complete stranger.

H3K
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:45:56 AM by hillwalker3000 »

Offline heartsongjt

• A/K/A Jan (Sanford) Tetstone
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 10:35:37 AM »
One Wise Fool is my 103,000-word published novel set in the remote islands and seas of the Malay Archipelago. Based on my own experiences, readers have posted great reviews as the tale is authentic, informative and compelling. Although happy to have shared my story through the adventures and misadventures on my main character, Nyoman, I have not yet made one red cent from the book. Others have commented that it would make a great movie based on such a screenplay. I therefore remain open to proposals from anyone who could produce it. It's up for grabs! Any ideas or suggestions? Any takers?

Since I never made any money as a writer - even given my quite adequate qualifications including B.A., M.A., Dip.Ed., Ph.D. et al - I built my own boat and "ran away to sea!"

Welcome aboard!

Cheers!

Hugo

I clicked on your site. I see you own and operate a cruise business. Are you here to improve your writing or to sell cruises? 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:02:37 PM by JameelaM »
Words are Weapons of Demons and Saints

Offline JameelaM

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 11:02:26 PM »
Hi drhugo,

Welcome back to MWC, I have to agree with H3K, while we appreciate you being a member it does help to build up a bit of rapport with the community. I've removed your link as it doesn't have anything to do with writing.

Perhaps if you're looking for feedback on your novel you can share excerpts with the community so we can review it and offer our thoughts, that being said it also helps if you offer feedback to other writers on their material.

Regarding your novel, what sort of marketing have you done in order to expand readers or to get it into the hands of someone that might have the capacity to actual get it to actually produce it?

Looking forward to seeing contribution from you and thanks for joining!