Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 265 times)

Offline trainer

Hello!
« on: November 26, 2018, 01:26:30 AM »
Hi, all!

I'm new here, and this is my first post.

I consider myself a reader (more than a writer). I prefer fiction, non-fiction, and academic titles.

I do write occasionally, though :)

I look forward to having a great time here. :D

JanTetstone

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 08:26:18 AM »
trainer, welcome to MWC.

I look forward to reading future posts from you.       jt

Offline hillwalker3000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:38:03 AM »
Hi trainer, welcome to MWC.

If you're a keen reader then you're off to a great start if you hope to write as well. It's always good to welcome new members - the more the merrier. Feel free to browse the boards to get some indication of how this site works. It will make the process easier for you if you read the sticky guidelines at the top of any boards you choose to post in.

You'll get more feedback on your writing by doing the same for others. And bear im mind, you won't be able to edit whatever you have posted until you have racked up 50 posts. For more information check here http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=66766.0. Another easy way to reach that total is to participate in the Coffee Shop or Writing Games + Challenges.

Have fun, and if you have any questions, let me know. I'm here to help.

H3K

Offline Mark T

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 04:10:22 PM »

Hi trainer

A further welcome to MWC. The Gallery is a good place to browse for varied content to read. Reads and comments are welcome on the prose boards too.

Mark

Offline trainer

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 03:14:11 AM »
Thanks, all!

I will make sure to read the sticky guidelines for different boards. :)

JanTetstone

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 07:33:07 AM »
Thanks, all!

You welcome trainer.     

Offline JameelaM

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 03:01:17 PM »
Hey trainer, welcome to MWC.

I'm sure every writer appreciates having a reader for their works ;)

There is certainly plenty to read here on the forum and we hope that you not only read but offer feedback as well, it's invaluable. Since you mentioned that you do write occasionally, I'm inclined to ask...what sort of material do you typically write and what do you usually write about?

I've been journaling lately myself, I find it helps clear my thoughts and allows me think more clearly, though I'm not sure I would be brave enough to share my personal thoughts publicly.

Anyway, we're happy to have you here and would love to hear what you think of the community once you have had some time to check around.

Looking forward to your contribution.

Offline trainer

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 04:10:27 AM »
Hey trainer, welcome to MWC.

I'm sure every writer appreciates having a reader for their works ;)

There is certainly plenty to read here on the forum and we hope that you not only read but offer feedback as well, it's invaluable. Since you mentioned that you do write occasionally, I'm inclined to ask...what sort of material do you typically write and what do you usually write about?

I've been journaling lately myself, I find it helps clear my thoughts and allows me think more clearly, though I'm not sure I would be brave enough to share my personal thoughts publicly.

Anyway, we're happy to have you here and would love to hear what you think of the community once you have had some time to check around.

Looking forward to your contribution.

Hi, there!

I have a very selfish motive. I write hoping to arrive at a seminal insight or two. The insights don't always arrive, but I do write. To be particular, I write about my childhood and upbringing. It is almost like going to visit an analyst. My writing is also a bit like free association. I try to write without much pause, and I usually revisit a piece several times. I don't intend to publish any of these, of course. Neither are they publish worthy.

I can relate to your experience: about how journaling helps. It certainly does free up the thought process. May I ask what you tend to write about? :)

Offline landmersm

• Better the Devil at Wordpress
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 09:33:35 AM »
Hello and welcome
My blog is  https://betterdevil.wordpress.com/  (It's new!)

Also, check out my self-published first novel, The Last Time

@ http://a.co/d/hP980yk  (Amazon link)