Author Topic: New Member  (Read 364 times)

Offline wise_dec4u

« on: November 16, 2018, 02:13:01 PM »
Hello everyone! I am excited to be joining your circle. I look forward to reading, critiquing, and sharing my work with others. My genre of choice is romance/women's fiction but I do enjoy reading all types of fiction, including, sci-fi, fantasy adventure, mysteries, paranormal, dark fiction, erotica, YA, new adult, etc.  I mainly write multicultural and interracial fiction because I believe that representation is important. Most of my protagonists are POC. I've been writing as a hobby for a while and hope to self-publish my first novel by early next year. By joining this group, I hope to network with other amazing writers and hone my craft as well. I've developed a thick skin over the years, so I don't mind getting brutally honest crits, though I like having my ego stroked every now and then too. 

Thanks for having me!

Offline Mark T

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 02:31:31 PM »

Hallo, Wise, and welcome to MWC. Thanks for introducing yourself and I hope you find a writing home here. The Captchas will disappear after a few posts and there's a thread on this board called 50 posts where you can rattle up a quick fifty junk posts to become a Jr. Member, which will give you the ability to edit your posts, and to create an avatar etc. Please have a look at the Sticky guidelines for the boards you'd like to post in - and if you have any questions, let me know, I'm here to help.
Mark

JanTetstone

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 03:04:57 PM »
Hello, Wise, Welcome to MWC.      jt

Offline JameelaM

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 01:23:12 PM »
Hi wise_dec4u, welcome to MWC!

Thanks for the intro and for sharing what you are looking to achieve as being a part of this community.

Looking forward to seeing excerpts from your writing! Have you done any research or investigation into Self Publishing? If you're looking for recommendations we have a couple programs that can guide you on the path to self publishing.

What sort of responses and feedback have you gotten on your novel thus far?