Author Topic: When Pietre Broke His Back (Mature Language)  (Read 501 times)

Offline Everyman

When Pietre Broke His Back (Mature Language)
« on: October 15, 2018, 07:41:37 PM »
Since Pietre broke his back, I've heard nothing but wailing through the walls.

It must be painful to break your back. They say he fell on his head, and then folded like a switch-knife. It must be hard to deal with, what when you were only fixing your neighbor's television antenna, and then...

Sometimes, during my morning ablutions, I hear him crying out; he is on these occasions like El Greco's St. Peter, pleading fervently to his god for deliverance— and it is only because I can hear him most clearly from the bathroom that I am sympathetic— hearing clearly his cries “Mon dieu me sauve!” His cries, in these moments, are so pitiful I could love him. And, I enjoy shaving when he cries so. At other times, his lamentations are reduced to the low rumbling prattle of an annoying and persistent insect, that I must slam the bathroom door several times, to signal that he ought to be quiet.

Nonetheless, there is something beatific about Pietre's plight. Something I can't quite put my finger on. Something truthful, veridical, even. Perhaps, it is to be found in my nature as a debt-collector, that I should find such forceful, honest vocalising pleasing. I simply can't explain it. “I'm Pietre, and I suffer. My suffering is so great that it is inseparable from my body. I am honest in my debt.”
Yes, perhaps, that is it.

I hope you won't think me cruel. No, it's not cruel. It's entirely spiritual. Pietre for me, broaches through the wall, as a field of discarnate intensity. As if the walls themselves cry: “I suffer”. For me, there is no Pietre, I have never seen him.

His wife, however, I have seen. She used to beg me everyday for sex. There is some palliative treatment, I am told, which Pietre could receive if they had the money. So she used to beg everyone she sees for sex. If she had debt, at the time, perhaps I would have forgiven it by fucking her; as for charity that's not my work. And, besides, I don't have the money, even if I had the intention. One time she fucked old Greg for his Hartz IV, and he returned the favor, by telling the whole block how much her box stank. As a result, her trade moved onto the street, and now she's strung up on spice. I believe she is now so spaced, she has forgotten why she was fucking strangers in the first place.

I suppose, it is funny, to think that a busted hooker, and her paralytic husband should inspire such a spiritual emergence in me. But, I believe I am one of the few, who are destined for enlightenment, and salvation. One time, I handed his whore-wife, a 10-euro note. I still remember how softly she laid her hand atop of mine, saying: “God bless you.”

I didn't even fuck her.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:27:23 PM by Everyman »

Offline nosuchmember

• Heartsong's Poetry  Diary
Re: When Pietre Broke His Back
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 07:53:09 PM »
Please, read the rules for posting.                         jt

http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=14381.0

All types of written work are welcome in The Gallery. Please preface the title with the type of work, e.g. poem or short story. If there is strong language or 'adult' content in it, please also provide a warning in the title. So an item might be titled:

Short Story: The Writer's Revenge
or
Poem: The Writer's Confession (some strong language)
or
Article: The Writer's Life (some adult content)

As always on Mywriterscircle, we ask you to bear in mind that this is an open forum and it can be read by children as well as adults. Strong language and other adult content are not excluded here, but a suitable warning must be provided in the title.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 07:56:18 PM by JanTetstone »

Offline nosuchmember

• Heartsong's Poetry  Diary
Re: When Pietre Broke His Back (Mature Language)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 08:27:39 PM »
When Pietre Broke His Back (Mature Language)

Thank you.       jt