Author Topic: Hi! New 17-year-old writer here.  (Read 621 times)

Offline lanettespc

Hi! New 17-year-old writer here.
« on: October 12, 2018, 12:12:47 PM »
Hello! Please call me Lanette. I am a 17-year-old girl of Asian descent. My family is now based in the UK, however. English is not my first language; it is not even my second! It's my third, but I do feel like I write exceptionally well in it. I hope to find a community that will help me progress as an aspirant author. I have always felt as though my time was running out, to be honest; but my older friends always remind me that I have so many years ahead of me and that it's uncommon for someone my age to be traditionally published. I'm trying not to rush as much as I used to, and I know that there's room for improvement for every author, including the established professionals. Regardless, I hope you like the samples I post in other boards. (note: I'm aware that constructive feedback isn't always positive! I'm sensitive, but I'll take it if I want to be a writer.) This was so long! I'm sorry! I can be so voluble sometimes.  :-X I hope I can make some friends here and meet people who'll guide me.  :D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 12:14:36 PM by lanettespc »

JanTetstone

Re: Hi! New 17-year-old writer here.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 01:52:42 PM »
Welcome to MWC Lanette.
One is never to young to follow their dream.
Good luck with your writing.          jt

Offline lanettespc

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 02:31:19 PM »
Thank you, JT! (Jan?)  ;D

Offline Mark T

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 03:06:57 PM »

Welcome to MWC, Lanette. Your English is excellent. I'm glad to see you making use of the 50 posts thread to gain your editing privileges as a Jr. Member. I look forward to seeing some of your writing. Try to offer the other writers some feedback on their posts and you will get more comments on your own work. Have a browse around and if you have any questions, let me know. I'm here to help.
Mark.   

Offline jkalman

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 03:19:07 PM »
Hi Lanette, welcome aboard!

Offline lanettespc

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 06:21:39 PM »
Welcome to MWC, Lanette. Your English is excellent. I'm glad to see you making use of the 50 posts thread to gain your editing privileges as a Jr. Member. I look forward to seeing some of your writing. Try to offer the other writers some feedback on their posts and you will get more comments on your own work. Have a browse around and if you have any questions, let me know. I'm here to help.
Mark.

Thank you so much, Mark! Aah, I'm nervous. My first excerpt is up now. I'll try to follow your advice!

Offline lanettespc

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 06:21:54 PM »
Hi Lanette, welcome aboard!

Thank you, JK! (Is that your name/alias?)

Offline jkalman

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 08:11:10 PM »
J is for Jonathan, Kalman is my last name :)

JanTetstone

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 08:12:43 PM »
Thank you, JT! (Jan?)  ;D

You are Welcome, Lanette.  You can call me jt or Jan. I answer to either.