Author Topic: Star Fairy Meets Carter Crow - story for children  (Read 51 times)

Offline JanTetstone

• Heartsong's Diary
Star Fairy Meets Carter Crow - story for children
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:48:51 PM »
Star Fairy Meets Carter Crow
By Jan Tetstone

One day, while Star fairy was flying through the enchanted forest, very fast, she glanced down at the blue water below her, just as she was raising her head, she found herself looking straight into the face of a wide-eyed black bird. The fairy and bird collided and both fell into the water.

SPLASH ... SPLASH

Star fairy's head popped up out of the water. Her fairy wings had saved her.

"Why didn't you look where you were going," the black bird screamed at the fairy angrily.

"Why weren't you looking where you were going," Star fairy replied back.

"What do you mean," the crow asked.

"Well...If you had been watching where you were going, you would have seen me long before we collided, and we neither one would have ended up in the water," Star replied, looking the crow dead in the eyes.

Knowing the fairy was right the crow started laughing.......and he laughed....and laughed...

Star managing to lift herself from the water, looked over at the crow that too was, now, flying just above the water.

The crow stopped laughing, "My name is Carter Crow."

"My name is Star fairy. ...What's so funny about the two of us colliding, and falling in the water, “asked the fairy, wondering if the crow's head had hit the water so hard that it knocked the sense out of him.

"Apparently, we were both looking down at the water, wishing we had time for a swim, at the same time,” Carter Crow answered, starting to laugh again.

This time, instead of wondering why the crow was laughing, Star fairy started laughing right along with her new found friend.

Moral of the story: Be careful what you wish for when flying over water.

6:56pm October 9, 2018