Author Topic: The Purple Fairies -short story for children  (Read 79 times)

Offline JanTetstone

• Heartsong's Diary
The Purple Fairies -short story for children
« on: October 07, 2018, 06:26:13 PM »
The Purple Fairies

Once upon a time, in a deep dark forest, in a teeny tiny house, lived a little fairy. Her name was Star. She was a magical fairy.

One day, Star was cutting the purple and yellow wildflowers that grew near her house when a strange looking purple butterfly landed on top of the bouquet of colorful flowers, she had in her hand.

"What happened to your wing," the fairy asked, gently touching the butterfly on top of its tiny head. "I'll take care of you.  You can just rest on top of the flowers for a while."

To Star fairy's surprise the butterfly, winking his tiny eye, and giving her a smile, replied, “Thank you, kind fairy."

Being a magical fairy, Star could have used her magic to heal the purple butterfly and sent him on his way, but, she decided to take care of him without using her magic.

Suddenly, it started raining, the colorful flowers surrounding her begin to multiply, and the beautiful purple butterfly disappeared, right before her eyes.

Making her way back to her tiny house, head hanging low, feeling sad that she again was all alone; she raised her head to see purple fairies, all holding a bouquet  of purple and yellow  wildflowers, waiting for her to return home.

Star fairy couldn't believe her eyes. On top of every bouquet of flowers set a beautiful purple butterfly.

"How can this be," Star asked the fairies, joyfully.

An older purple fairy stepped out from among the other fairies.

"Every purple fairy must undergo the test of ‘worthiness’ before joining the purple fairies. Today, when you decided not to use magic to heal the butterfly, you proved to be worthy of the magic powers in your procession. Welcome to the family."

From that day on, Star fairy was never alone again, unless she chose to be.
She had all the purple fairies to keep her company.

Moral of the story:   Good things come to those who make the right choices.

5:40pm October 7, 2018
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:40:58 PM by JanTetstone »

Offline Mark T

• Administrator
Re: The Purple Fairies -short story for children
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 04:08:06 PM »

So where can I get a purple fairy?  ;D

Wholesome storytelling - simple but imaginative. Do kids still read stories or is it all just
iPhones and Netflix now? 

Offline JanTetstone

• Heartsong's Diary
Re: The Purple Fairies -short story for children
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 08:06:36 PM »

Sending a purple fairy your way.

Thank you Mark. And,Yes there are still children in the world who love reading books.
The problem is the type of children books being written.
My guess is many writing books for children, from the subject
matter of some of the books I've seen, don't have children of their own.

P.S.  Purple fairies show up unexpectedly and only stay, if the person
is  worthy of their company.