Author Topic: Beginning Writer  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Akhtar

Beginning Writer
« on: August 14, 2018, 03:59:49 PM »
Hello everyone,
I am new to internet forums,and I am mainly trying to find people who are able to offer substantial criticism for my writings. I am also attempting to come out of a hiatus from writing but don't where to start. If there is someone who can impart advice on how to overcome writer's block then please do so.

Offline JameelaM

• Administrator
Re: Beginning Writer
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 07:52:53 AM »
Hi Akhtar,

Welcome to MWC and welcome back to writing!

There are quite a number of resources online that offer advice on how to overcome writers block, ultimately it will come down to what works best for you. Are you reading any books that inspire you to write or writing out the worst drafts possible just to get something started? One of the biggest contributors to writers block is overthinking or thinking that what we have is not good enough and perhaps the first draft isn't but at least you're writing something :)

Beyond that there are options such influencing the brain, there are a lot of scientific studies that show the brain operates at various frequencies as it goes thru tasks throughout the day. You can influence your mind and spark creative ideas by listening to binaural beats within the frequency spectrum you need. 

Check out this Writers Block Audio program if you want to learn more

It may help everyone to better understand the challenges you're facing if you share some background on why you stopped writing.

Hope these details help, let us know if you need more suggestions or ideas to beat your writers block.

J TETSTONE

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 08:40:01 PM »
Welcome to the site..... When I get writer's block I put what I'm doing away.... relax and ponder what I've been writing. Stress and worry about what one is writing can setup temporary writer's block. Good luck with your writing.    Jan

Offline Mark T

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 02:44:35 PM »

Go for a walk in nature, change your focus, do something completely different.

JanTetstone

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 04:22:43 PM »
Welcome to MWC  BroDro ....

I could be wrong but I think you posted this on wrong board.  The subject of this board is 'writer's block' 

jt

Offline Mark T

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 05:23:40 AM »
That was spam, Jan.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 05:36:01 AM »
That was spam, Jan.

True.  As writers we want to do it ourselves, even if we don't always do it well.  The post was advertising writing services, not advice.

Paying someone to paint your house or fix your car is one thing.  Paying someone else to do your writing for you is like paying someone else to make love to your partner. ;-)  You just know it aint right.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

JanTetstone

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 06:44:52 AM »
That was spam, Jan.

I knew that. I figured I'd let you have the pleasure of using the word 'spam.'   8)

JanTetstone

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 06:51:28 AM »
True.  As writers we want to do it ourselves, even if we don't always do it well.  The post was advertising writing services, not advice.

Paying someone to paint your house or fix your car is one thing.  Paying someone else to do your writing for you is like paying someone else to make love to your partner. ;-)  You just know it aint right.

Gyppo

I love the way you word things. Gyppo. You defined that kind of writing  service perfectly,   Thank you.       jt