Author Topic: Warmest regards  (Read 405 times)

Offline rachelleclimbeck

Warmest regards
« on: January 31, 2019, 08:12:24 PM »
Hello, my name is Rachelle, pronounced Ruh-shell. I am a woman, 25, almost 26, and I am a survivor of varying kinds of abuse. Most of my poetry is trauma related and I know it may be triggering to some, so I wanted to know if a theme of surviving assault would be too adult to post to this forum? I'm looking for some advice on my poetry and I'd love to receive whatever advice you have to give, as long as the moderators are accepting of the graphic nature of the content.
Writing poetry about the trauma I've survived is a huge part of my healing. Sharing it would be another healing step.
I never finished high school, I did drop out in 9th grade, but I'm working on getting my GED. I've so far passed all GED tests but the math test, and on the English test I passed with markings so high I may be eligible to immediately earn a college credit because of my proficiency in the subject. I say this not to brag but to negate the lack of capability implied by my having dropped out of school. I have reasonably proficiency in English despite having not finished high school, but I have never gone to college, nor officially studied poetry. I just write what comes from my heart and then try to make it sound like verbal art.
I am a cellist, and I play worship music with a local church.
Anyway, let me know about the content issue so I can know whether or not to post all or just some of my poetry. I'd appreciate any advice given.
I am glad to have the honor of being part of this forum :)
Rachelle

Offline rachelleclimbeck

Re: Warmest regards
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 08:13:14 PM »
*reasonable proficiency

Offline nosuchmember

• Heartsong's Poetry  Diary
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 09:47:00 PM »
Welcome to MWC, rachelle. I look forward to reading  your heart poems....  We have something in common: At age 16, I dropped out of school two weeks into the 9Th grade, and got married. After almost seventy years of living, I've found living life to be the best teacher.  Good luck with your writing. Jan

You might find this useful. http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=66766.0

As for what can be posted. Just read the sticky notes at the top of the boards.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 09:56:16 PM by heartsongjt »

Offline rachelleclimbeck

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 09:51:38 PM »
Thank you kindly! Much obliged.