Author Topic: Help Needed  (Read 242 times)

Offline somchai

Help Needed
« on: September 09, 2018, 11:19:44 AM »
Hi there , My name’s Somchai
 I have to write a flash fiction story of 500-2000 words For School. It can be on any topic/Genre. I have come up with a few ideas and narrowed it down to 2. However I'm stuck between the two. I don't know which one is better. Here they are:

1. Ten years from now, scientists figure out how to stop human aging and extend life indefinitely—but every time someone qualifies for that boost, someone else has to die to keep the surplus population in check ทางเข้าufabet

2. A story about two brothers who compete by building their own civilizations on alien worlds. The first to develop their primitive society into a space-faring civilization wins.

The first one kind of seems a bit cliche to a lot of other dystopian novels. But the second one seems a bit bland and I don't where to go with it. I do like both the Ideas but which one has more potential? 

Thankyou for reading

Offline Mark T

Re: Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 04:49:12 PM »

I'd go for option 2 - it has more scope for a human interest angle, which always makes stories more engaging. You don't have many words available and option 1 may require too much exposition to set things up -for example, what about babies being added to the population? And if there are no more babies, how many words do you need to explain that convincingly? In option 2 , if you can make your time transitions neatly, you can start at any point in the story and flesh it out with flashbacks before whatever dramatic ending you have in mind.