Author Topic: New job site for writers  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
New job site for writers
« on: February 24, 2006, 10:45:01 AM »
Writerlance (http://tinyurl.com/q3fd7) is a new job site for writers. They publish details of writing jobs available, and registered members of the site can then bid for them. Unlike some similar sites, there are no up-front fees for writers. If you succeed in getting a job, you simply pay a small proportion of your agreed fee to Writerlance.

There are some interesting jobs on offer already, including one to write three original love poems and another to write an e-book on how to live with diabetes. You have to state the price you would charge and the amount of time you would require.

As a registered member you get the opportunity to put your profile on the website, which could be quite a good way of promoting yourself even if you never bid on any projects! Anyway, if you look in Writers Gallery, you'll see my profile there.

Happy writing!

Nick  :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 06:21:31 AM by Nick »
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline alex

Re: New job site for writers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 04:21:38 PM »
Nick, 
that sounds goods, ta .I'll check it out
Have you got any comments/advice on writingup.com? I have come across it while surfing around, it kind of sounds to good to be true.
They are basically advising you write a web log and to subscribe to google adverts(something like that?) and you make half of the profit from the advertising(or at least that was my understanding of it).
Help??

alex  ???

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 03:27:52 AM »
Hi Alex

See the thread below for a discussion about Writingup.com:

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=50.0

Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline alex

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 04:55:10 AM »
Nick,
thanks for that. If you set your own blog, can you chose the adverts placed in it? and how do you "advertise" you own blog? (sorry I am having a dizzy moment, I am not very techinical when it comes to these things!! ??? ???

alex

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 05:08:45 AM »
Hi Alex

No, you can't choose what Adsense ads appear on your blog, though you can ask that certain ones are excluded if you wish. Google automatically senses the topic of your blog and pipes in ads that it considers relevant to this. They don't always get it 100% right, of course!

As for ideas for promoting your blog, this article (from Writingup.com, but just as relevant to any blog) may help:

http://www.writingup.com/how_else_can_i_promote_my_blog

Good luck!