Author Topic: Fellow writers, I need your help. I wrote my first chapter ever.  (Read 356 times)

Offline meditationlyfe123

Greetings to all. I wrote my first chapter of a non-fiction book.  The title is called intuition, gut feeling and the misinterpretation of karma. I want to know what you guys think? If the idea has any relevance to you? If the idea is presented coherently and is easy to understand? It is a long chapter and the video is about 17 minutes long. I appreciate all feedback, constructive and also positive too (ahah). Thank you all for helping out a fellow writer on this daunting journey.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C5666EB4N8/url]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 10:47:57 AM by meditationlyfe123 »

NothingName1

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 03:45:43 AM »
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:38:07 PM by NothingName1 »

Offline mikosanaya

Re: Fellow writers, I need your help. I wrote my first chapter ever.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 09:52:21 AM »
Ignore NothingName, he is a narcissistic troll and I've already reported him.

I actually like the audio format and you did a very good reading!  It works for me because I sometimes listen to audio books or videos at work. You, my friend, are well on your way to a very fascinating book!  I agree with what you're saying. If only I had listened to my intuition more when I was younger, lol. It's amazing how closed off we are to that due to our upbringing.

I also left a comment on your video, thanks for loving it 😊

Offline geethr75

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 06:03:37 AM »
It was very interesting. I prefer books to audio, but you read very well. All the best.

Offline peterdep

• Seeking a cunning plan...
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 05:03:36 AM »
Here are a few, hopefully, helpful points :)

Better chunking, longer pauses between spoken 'paragraphs'.

Nice tone but need to vary speed. A little quicker, then slower, then quicker again, as excitement is needed or not. Overall it needs to be a slower pace so the listener can absorb the content.

Stand up when you're talking to the mike - and use your arms and body to emphasise your words. This will bring more passion to your words.

These notes are being written as you read. By minute six, you improve immensely. The pace settles and your passion starts to come through.

As a video, -an occasional- change from Einstein would be a good idea. This could reflect each point the story is telling.

Background music is just right - good level and apt for content.