Author Topic: Time Difference  (Read 4437 times)

Offline litsa

Time Difference
« on: February 24, 2006, 07:16:54 AM »
What is the time difference between Greece and US or UK or Holland?
Maybe it is possible for me to chat whilst some of the others are on???!!!

Thanks

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
Re: Time Difference
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 07:36:11 AM »
Hi Litsa,

Well - it depends where you are in the US and UK and Holland are on different times, too. Best thing I can suggest is to ask Jeeves (www.askjeeves.com) - he's a clever chap, he is!)

Symphony

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 08:01:22 AM »
Jayne and I visit Greece regularly for our hols, so I can tell you that Greece is two hours ahead of GMT. When it's 3 pm in the UK, therefore, it's 5 pm in Greece.

It gets a bit more complicated in the summer, when daylight saving comes into play, and sometimes Greece is then 3 hours ahead of UK time.

The US is at least five hours behind GMT, up to 10 hours in Alaska and Hawaii! So when it's 9 am in New York (for example), by my calculations it would be 4 pm in Greece.

Hope that helps!

Nick  :)

Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

SuzieHarris

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 08:05:28 AM »
The difference between the UK and Holland is 1 hour.

When it 9am in the UK it is 10am in Holland.

I used to live there :)

Suzie

Offline mccpcorn

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 08:20:41 AM »
Suzie's right there. ;)

I was in Amsterdam last December, left Liverpool airport at 8.30pm, flight was an hour, but it was 10.30pm local time.  Coming back we left 9.30am and got back in for - 9.30am. ^^;;

As for the US, well as been said it's complicated.  Most of my US friends are between 5 and 8 hours behind me.  Lately I've been going online at around 6am on a Saturday to chat with friends in America where it's about midnight. O_O

I also had a friend in New Zealand named Kiyonekatz, she was about 8 hours ahead of me.

Offline Lobanegra

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 12:50:17 AM »
I live in Wisconsin(mid-west USA) the clock on the top of the page said 5:40am(2/25) and its 11:40pm(2/24).here. Hope that helps ;D.

Stefanie