Author Topic: 19 Years Old  (Read 76 times)

Offline oodiemohar

• View Profile
19 Years Old
« on: July 05, 2018, 09:43:22 PM »
I have 3 screenplays that I have written over the years, and I am primarily focusing on 1 of them. It is 2 Hours 10 Minutes long, and I am working hard on the sequel. I have spent the past several months solely on editing the script, and I have been collecting assets/knowledge the past month to turn my idea into a product. I have currently invested +/- 200$, and am planning on spending +/- 1,000$.
I work full time, attend college as a 2nd Year Business Major, and am investing all of my spare money.
Any advice, while I am still only 19?
I want to really start getting my feet wet while I am still young and not fall in the pit of those who are 30+ and just starting out.
I am working very hard every day listening to as many interviews and seminars as I can, writing down the most important notes, and implementing them into my work.
I am currently trying to set up real-life meetups where I can present my pitch to the masses, and get feedback from fellow writers.

Offline NothingName1

• View Profile
Re: 19 Years Old
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »
Jesus Christ, kid.
Wish I could offer some profitable advice, but I'm one of those 30 year old alcoholic burnouts, who never made the grade. It's great to see you are so forward planning, and proactive at such a young age. I can tell you've got already something. You're gonna make it big, fella. The big bucks. You're just the type of savvy go-getter this writing businessólike all businessesóneed. Maybe someone with more experience in the industry will be along soon to help brainstorm and crunch the numbers.

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 04:52:20 PM by NothingName1 »

Online Mrs N

• View Profile
Re: 19 Years Old
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 09:20:58 AM »
Jesus Christ, kid.
Wish I could offer some profitable advice, but I'm one of those 30 year old alcoholic burnouts, who never made the grade.

OMG that so made me laugh. ;D