Author Topic: Where to Find a Critique Partner  (Read 161 times)

Offline S-wo

• Krystal*Light Union
Where to Find a Critique Partner
« on: August 14, 2018, 10:42:28 AM »
I was suggested by someone successful to get a critique partner for my novel and was also told that I need to be careful with getting a critique partner. I need someone who critiques plot structure along with character development. I finished my first draft of my novel and this second draft will have a lot of revisions. I think this first edit I want to just do on my own, but it was suggested that I start looking now. Where can I find these partners? I feel weird about having it through online means only. I don't know what the person looks like or their real name. It's just... it's just unsettling.

J TETSTONE

Re: Where to Find a Critique Partner
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 12:35:16 PM »
Finding a writing group or partner is a lot like dating. There’s an element of searching and an element of matching. You’re looking for people you can share a piece of your creative self with, for people you want to spend time on, for people who can help you become a stronger writer—a tribe or community. So a good fit is important.

More than ever before, there are many options for finding a group, wherever you live and whatever your schedule. There are large groups and small, in person and online. And each group has its own feel. Read More Here:

https://www.janefriedman.com/find-the-right-critique-group/

All the above is fromJane Friedman's site.

Good luck with your writing.     jt

Offline peterdep

• Seeking a cunning plan...
Re: Where to Find a Critique Partner
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 05:47:59 AM »
Hi S-wo:

I too am looking for a critique partner but I'm not sure we'll match. You can check out my stuff here: http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=66739.0

Quote: Fervently seeking a non-fiction critique partner. Prepared to give top-quality for top-quality plus friendly interchange as a free extra. Thanks.