Author Topic: How to promote books?  (Read 15 times)

Offline iwannabeone

• View Profile
How to promote books?
« on: August 17, 2018, 10:41:39 AM »
Over the years, I have completed 10 books and am currently working on two more. After an extended period of querying book agents, I began self publishing. I also began searching for reviewers for my work. I have had some limited success getting reviews published on Amazon, etc. I am not on any social media websites. I am generally repealed by what I hear about sites like Facebook. People seem to share information that, in my opinion, is far beyond what they should. For example, my own children are all to quick to announce they are going on a vacation. This means their home is advertised as being vacant and an easy target for theft.

Anyway, I have been attempting to figure out how to promote my work. It was suggested that I create a website. After giving the idea some thought, I went ahead and build a site. It's nice to see that some people have visited the site, but I had know way of knowing how they found it or what they thought. I first added a place where people could send me an email with anything they cared to share. After a few months I got no response. Next, I offered to send a free e-book to anyone requesting a copy. This offer has been in effect for almost one month - with zero requests.   

I would love to hear what other people have done to promote their work and how successful it has been.  Thanks in advance for your response.

P.S. My website is - kenteicherbooks.com