Author Topic: I Didn't Get Old by Being Stupid  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
I Didn't Get Old by Being Stupid
« on: December 07, 2006, 06:00:51 AM »
No, not me! That's actually the title of a new anthology of stories contributed by senior citizens which is currently seeking contributions. They say:

The concept is simple:

Anyone can give advice. But as we all intuitively understood generations ago, people learn best from a good story. And people like you, who've lived through a particular challenge, can tell exactly how they did it—and what they learned.

By sharing your story, you'll leave a lasting legacy for others. Your family and friends will surely want to read about you. But beyond that, your story and its message will be included in a professionally published, high-quality book that you'll see in your local bookstore.

As members of younger generations turn the pages, they will gain insights and inspiration from your own experience. You can be proud to be a contributor to this project and, in doing so, you become a member of a very small but prestigious community: published writers!

They go on to say that non-seniors can contribute as well, by interviewing their parents and grandparents and ghost-writing their stories for them. Stories should be 300 to 700 words, and should be submitted by March 31, 2007. A fee of $100 US will be paid for all stories used, plus you get a free copy of the first edition when published.

For more information, visit http://www.elders-wisdom.com/
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.