Author Topic: Sticky: Read This First  (Read 26728 times)

Offline Aartisans

• View Profile
Re: Sticky: Read This First
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »
Hi Nick and All,

Just wanted to introduce myself, as I am new writer on this forum, and this is my first day.

I have already posted a short introduction of myself at the New people's forum.
I write mostly poetry and short articles for magazines and ezines, so I will be posting some of my work here.

I have been reciting, performing and writing poetry for 15 years. I also write personal development articles.

I look forward to sharing my work and ideas with you all.

Regards
Aartisans

Offline A.W.M

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 05:14:12 PM »
Hello, Aartisans.  Welcome.  You will enjoy MWC.  I am also a new member, and I can tell you, you will not meet better people than the members here on MWC.  So relax and enjoy.  I look forward to seeing your work.
Most people live and die
with their music still unplayed.
They never dare to try.

~ Mary Kay Ash

Offline JewelsofJapan

• Jewels of life's profound purpose are to believe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 03:12:50 PM »
I wish to share a little of Japanese culture that I happened upon, called Wabi & Sabi. The meaning if understood in depth will escalate in profound wisdom.

Thus my strategy to bring home a taste of true Japanese culture has been to utterly enjoy the qualities within the cultural spirit of artistic values.

The Japanese have two terms, Wabi and Sabi that express values in the artistic Japanese attitude. Wabi pertains to poverty. Negatively, it means to not be fashionable in the society of the time. Positively, it means to be poor; that is, to not be dependent on worldly wealth, power and reputation, and yet to feel inwardly wealthy and in the presence of something of the highest value, above time and social position.

Sabi pertains to the rustic, or any object of art that suggests, even superficially, the feeling of a historical period “there is Sabi in it.” Sabi exists in rustic unpretentiousness, or archaic imperfection, apparent simplicity, or effortless execution, and richness in historical association (which, however, may not always be present). And lastly, Sabi contains inexplicable elements that raise the object in question to the rank of an artistic production.

We must therefore agree that Wabi and Sabi have similarities, as does any monk, Buddhist poet or person living in harmony with nature. Sabi can also be the wooden branch that has so much character or soul in its faded shape. Thus, contentment and harmony can be found in individual status, which pertains to an acceptance in what otherwise could resemble class distinction.

On reading a journal www.discoveringtheself.com regarding the homeless I realised how Wabi & Sabi can enhance momentum of self awareness and worth sharing regardless of age or gender.  
Jewelsofjapan,

Jewels of life's profound purpose are to believe.

Offline JewelsofJapan

• Jewels of life's profound purpose are to believe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »
Thank you Nick,
I like this forum of sharing, if understood correctly I have just posted a little taste of Japanese culture, in what is known as Wabi & Sabi, thanking those who took the time to read it and look forward to your feedback.
Xmas greetings
Jewelsofjapan,

Jewels of life's profound purpose are to believe.

Offline bowmore bill

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 05:29:39 PM »
Thanks for the invitation Nick.

Offline KemKabba777

• scribing angst and existentialism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 06:34:09 PM »
Hello Nick,

I'm new here, but I think the fact that you were sensitive enough to respond to the members requests for this forum was a stroke of genius.

By trade, artists, and especially writers in my opinion, are sensitive souls. It's almost painful to put yourself and your written work out there for criticism and have to endure this as a part of the learning process. We're not making widgets, we're literally writing what's in our hearts; and I'm pretty sure the other 'critiquing' forums can feel like a bit of a pressure cooker. This area provides a bit of a release valve.

So again, kudos to your visionary acumen and your open-mindedness in this effort. I look forward to contributing a bit of my own work here in the future.

Cheers.

People will do damn near anything to be socially acceptable.

Rocko Polo

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 11:17:30 AM »
Sorry for posting without categorizing.
Should have read forum rules first.

Offline Hucxy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2015, 05:55:16 PM »
Is it alright to post a link to the work so long as it leads to a legitimate literary collection? I just want to make sure I follow rules / regulations properly to keep this site enjoyable for all. :)

Offline sank12345

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 08:58:12 AM »
hey where do I post my poem, I don't see any sign or button sayinf to post here. and how do I post??? pls help soon I need a feedback on a poem for my school project ???  :)

Offline Laura H

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 09:03:36 AM »
That's not what we're here for, sank. We ask new members to offer a few critiques for others before posting for review, and many won't critique homework assignments. You should also know that you don't have an edit option until you reach 50 posts and you won't be able to remove anything you put up. That was an issue recently for a newbie who just wanted feedback then to take down their work.

If you want to hang around and reap the benefits of membership in a writers' community, you'll want to start here with an introduction:

http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?board=1.0

Thanks and welcome.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty