Author Topic: Open letter to all members: Prose and poetry alike.  (Read 451 times)

Offline Gyppo

• I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Open letter to all members: Prose and poetry alike.
« on: December 29, 2017, 08:16:29 AM »
For anyone new here who doesn't know me, I'm Gyppo.  I've been here almost since the beginning and love this place.  But...

It is terminally ill.  It isn't going to get better.  The new owners don't give a damn.  The moderators no longer have the tools they need to fight the spam.  They no longer have technical support. There is nothing they can do.

How difficult can it be to understand this is entirely out of their hands?  The fact they are still hanging around trying to help people shows their character and resilience.

The best thing you can do is cut your losses and head on over to

https://bestwritingforum.com/index.php

where you will find many familiar faces and an administrator who cares passionately about getting it right.

In the meantime, may I suggest you log on here at MWC and use the search function - which miraculously still works - and 'mine' any of your previous postings you really want to save.  Okay, it'll be a mammoth cut and paste session  to get stuff back onto your own system if you've been on here as long as I have, but if you just hang around waiting for some good fairy to appear and 'do something' you're wasting your time.

Gyppo

Offline Tom 10

• View Profile
Re: Open letter to all members: Prose and poetry alike.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 09:24:14 AM »
Thanks for the update, Gyppo. 

Dansinger

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 10:12:40 AM »
I'm over there now, and hope more poets will join soon.

Offline PigeonfluttersLeafripples

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 09:42:19 AM »
I'm joining!