Author Topic: waxsome is new  (Read 552 times)

Offline Mark T

• Administrator
waxsome is new
« on: December 28, 2017, 04:45:04 AM »

summer snap

salt sidewalks fried as holiday am/pm
time stepping in sideways slices towards
the warm-blue saturday suburban throb
of fresh-cut petrol grass & cold beer on a tray -
               - a waxsome moon drip-cools a blackened beach
                 slick as star-shells pinned on freighter horizons
                 cascading foam lines of hiss-kiss fretwork neon
                 behind breezes thick and forward through the air

Offline indar

Re: waxsome is new
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 12:59:49 PM »
Hi Mark,

Too bad there isn't an option for writing in curved lines, I want to see an over/under pattern to this fine piece of writing. It sings along so beautifully it stirs the calligrapher in me. Sio should read this one. I'll be back.

Offline matty11

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 02:17:50 PM »
Definitely sparkles and sizzles Mark. I like the sound of hiss-kiss fretwork and sidewalks fried. I guess you want to keep holiday/sideways/saturday/tray, but if you do choose to tone down the sibilance then warm-blue suburban throb sounds great.

best

matty

Offline Mark T

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »

Thanks for looking, linda and matty - just wanted to remind you NorHem creatures it's all sun, sand, ice-cream and bikinis down here on the west coast of SA.  8)

Offline indar

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 04:01:01 PM »
Well it might be summer below the equator but let me remind you I am in California where it is a happy medium all year long ;D ;D (most of the time)

Mark I remember a great poem you posted about your cold season there---I don't remember the title but there was a cozy bit about a fire in the wood stove etc. Why don't you repost that one for the season up here? I would love to read it again

Offline Mark T

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 04:14:55 PM »

Hi Linda, and we have the drought to match your West Coast too. Water rationing is down to 100 liters per person per household daily here. Cape Town as a city is due to run out of water in about March unless something major happens.

I'll have a scratch for that poem - currently undertaking the daunting task of saving my old posts in anticipation of this site's functionality being terminally compromised. Sad day but MWC seems diseased now on several levels.

Offline Tom 10

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 07:10:42 PM »

A precisely honed edge on classic Mark T text - love it!  The textures are lush, lavish and alluring, as are the sounds - challenging, confrontive, and bubbling up.  The last line is a marvel.

Offline Mark T

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 09:59:30 AM »

Thanks Ty, for those kind words. A revision. Stop me, I want to wax lyrical about my awesome new word. ;D

I just been and signed up at the BWF parallel universe where everyone's a goddam newbie.

Offline Tom 10

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 11:27:44 AM »
'Waxsome' is awesome, it is worth the price of admission here.  I trust you have made arrangements to have it transported to BWF?  I would recommend the ferry through the south portal.  :)

It reminds me of the output of Newordicus who used to create new words and post them here (aka Sio).