Author Topic: Where To Go ?  (Read 517 times)

Offline rewh2oman

Where To Go ?
« on: April 09, 2018, 12:22:48 AM »
Folks

I have a couple short-story ideas.

What has been your experience as to the best way to find publishers (websites or hard copy) willing to read/buy them?

Iím also thinking about creating a webpage or blog page to post the stories, but need help in getting traffic to those sites.

Any guidance is appreciated.

russ

Offline S.J.Caskey

Re: Where To Go ?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 09:16:14 AM »
I can only speak of my plans based on some research that I have done as I am in the process of building a website.

I am planning to have a full-blown author webpage where all my work lives. Work that I think has a good chance of being published I will be choosing to keep private until I know the market for that piece and whether my chosen journals accept previously published work (as publishing on your own website often counts). I think the best way to get traffic is to create a social media presence. Get your friends and family to share.

Of the few works I have posted online, I have received hundreds of reads just from sharing (and then subsequent shares by friends and family) on Facebook.

Querying publishers varies wildly, but often the instructions on how best to do so are outlined clearly on the site.

I hope that was helpful :)

Offline rewh2oman

Re: Where To Go ?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 11:47:38 AM »
Thanks so much, S.J.
Very good information!