Author Topic: Newbie Here  (Read 163 times)

Offline Tahari

• View Profile
Newbie Here
« on: December 11, 2017, 07:14:50 PM »
Hello fellow writers!

I am a NAVY wife living in Southern California and giving it my best shot at becoming a professional screenwriter.  I have been writing stories, poetry, and more recently songs for a very long time.  This will be my first attempt at screenwriting, but already things are jelling together as it never has before.  I am currently about halfway into the first draft of a screenplay for a family-focused animated musical.  The whole story is outlined and I have 5 songs already written.  My challenges are making sure it is still appropriate for children while enjoyable for adults, how well the songs work, the differences between stories and screenplays and the technicalities in formatting I am still learning.

I appreciate useful constructive criticism and enjoy helping others tweak their own works to be more effective.  I look forward to the relationships I might be able to foster on this forum.

Offline Sprocket

• Idiot Savant
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Here
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 08:40:21 PM »
Welcome aboard.
Get your s*** together and start hunting.

JewelAS53

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 06:55:20 AM »
Welcome, Tahari.

Greetings to you from the southern tip of Africa.

Welcome to My Writer’s Circle, the best writer’s forum on the web.

Please take a moment to read the guidelines for forum etiquette -
http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.msg67005#msg67005

You'll find the rest of forum etiquette and guidelines threads stickied (with the push-pin icons) at the top of each board. Please do take the time to read these. They’ll help you find your way around and get you acquainted with the local customs.

There is usually something going on in the challenges section. Pop by that board, vote on a completed challenge or participate anonymously in a current one. These are a fun way to cut your teeth on exposing your work to others to read.
http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?board=12.0

Feel free to pm a moderator if you have any questions. They’re the ones with blue stars over their heads. There's generally someone on line somewhere in the world.

Enjoy your time on the forum and I hope you have fun.

Kind regards
Jewel

graphophobia

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 03:46:25 PM »
Hello and welcome Tahari :)