Author Topic: Be Golden [revision]  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Tom 10

Re: Be Golden [revision]
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 05:09:05 PM »
WCCL is the previous owner, and is roughly as you describe, although this site was strictly a writers board and did not contain a publishing component other than the constant adds for the gamut of writer services.  The Red Barren Anthologies were before my time. 

As to publication of the As The Kettle Wolf Whistles, a Poetry Anthology, that was a venture solely of the poets themselves with no involvement or assistance from anyone connected with the site. 

- - - - -
Gyppo has good information and advisories with respect to the prospect of the lights going out.

The one other thing is that when a site goes dark, it does so without prior notice.  While that seems obvious, it is amazing how many folks haven't thought through exactly what that means.  You can't go retrieve what you want.   All of your work is one thing.  The good advice and resources contained on the site is something else.  Additionally, you may want to stockpile email addresses or other methods of contact for people you know here, if you want to continue to be in contact with them after the crash.  Of course that won't happen.  Just saying.

And that reminds me, Indar - PM me your current email address.   :) 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:11:41 PM by Tom 10 »

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 05:07:54 AM »
Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Some cliches have earned their right to stay in use ;-)
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Tom 10

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 09:24:35 AM »
 :)