Author Topic: FicFun International Fiction Comp  (Read 471 times)

Offline geoffnelder

• View Profile
    • Geoff's website
FicFun International Fiction Comp
« on: November 27, 2017, 06:22:51 AM »
If you are hard at work with NaNoWriMoor even if just finished a novella and want to know what to do with your novel or part novel, why not enter it for

http://www.ficfun.com/act/fictioncontest

Free to enter, huge prizes - we're talking $10,000 first prize for Romance and again for Suspense then sliding lower scales; other winning possibilities; possibilities for having your work picked on for publication; already open and staying open until June 4th 2018.

Cards on the table: I am one of the judges. I wouldn't know which is your submission and I'd rather you didn't message me to say 'look out for my story about a flying submarine, etc.' I've judged many international competitions and I have an eclectic taste of many genres. No competitor must feel their suspense story must be set on Titon or three billion years in the future - please don't!

The organisers are based in Asia, have pots of investment money from sponsors, and run a showcasing online writers and readers club site. Their first competition was very successful and winners genuinely collected nice prizes and have rightly boasted about them on their social media. The judging was by readers poll followed by the organisers editing team. This second contest is different in that the prizes are bigger, offers greater and experienced judges are being used to settle winners from the poll resultant shortlist.

Remember that this competition is being organised by an administration with English not their first language. They make occasional language errors, and I correct them when I spot them, but do not make the error of thinking it demerits the competition in any way. 

Contestants can enter from any country as long as they write in English - no matter what dialect, accent and regional spelling. See the website for details 
http://www.ficfun.com/act/fictioncontest

There is a kind of FAQ, but if you are puzzled feel free to ask me in a reply here, a PM or email - via the contact link on my
http://geoffnelder.com
  (McAfee sometimes wobbles at my website - no other virus checker does - no one knows why - just ignore it and carry on)

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Station Shorts
Re: FicFun International Fiction Comp
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 07:26:38 AM »
Way cool, Geoff. That's regional slang from Old School, California. ;)

I'll definitely check it out. Thank you for sharing.

Good grief! How many submissions do you have to filter through? I hope they pay you well.  :)

Again, many thanks!

~Deb

Offline geoffnelder

• View Profile
    • Geoff's website
Re: FicFun International Fiction Comp
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 08:08:18 PM »
Don't worry about my sanity, Deb, there's an in-house team to filter the entries. I just judge the shortlist of the Suspense category.