#3  Untitled
4 (16.7%)
#4  Ebahgum
4 (16.7%)
#5  Separated at Birth
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: December 07, 2017, 02:39:23 AM

Author Topic: Voting Poetry Challenge #150 Praise Poem, Let's See What You're Made Of  (Read 643 times)

Offline Catherine F

• I watch the ripples change their size (D. Bowie)
    • View Profile
Voting Poetry Challenge #150 Praise Poem, Let's See What You're Made Of
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 03:40:12 PM »
subtlety sorry  ;D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:48:22 PM by fire-fly »

Online Tom 10

• View Profile
Thanks Richard. It took me awhile with the accent in your poem - foreign to me, but I did really enjoy it.

Catherine - good to see you.  New PC is up [hint,hint]  :)

Featured link: http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=55584.0

Offline Catherine F

• View Profile
I know, thanks to who  ;D ?

Offline fire-fly

• Global Moderator
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
    • View Profile
Aw guys thanks heaps for taking this and running with it, Deb will appreciate it. She did work so hard making it as enjoyable as she could

She got a message through to me last night that the Sheriff has told them at 10.30 pm they are on the evacuation line. 400 homes just over the hill from her home have been lost, it must be terrifying.

What a great community we have here to care about each other the way everyone does.  :-*

Congrats Tom, I voted for yours and V, I voted for you too, great poems  ;D

Let me know when you are ready Tom, I will sticky you mate.  ;)

I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Station Shorts
Ahem . . .I would now like to announce, Tom 10 as the winner of the Praise Poem Poetry Challenge. I know, I'm late for the party. The O.C.D. in me breaking free.  ;D

[/size]Congratulations, Tom 10! Well done. <- This is supposed to be much bigger and moving across the screen for fanfare! I can't see the word  'size' on my reply screen so that quirk stays for now.

[/size]Part of the winner's reward, as stated in the original challenge directions, is that I and everyone who entered this challenge will write a poem, any form or type, to or about Tom 10. If anyone else wants to write praise poetry for Tom 10, please do. If you prefer to have your poem entered incognito, PM it to me, otherwise, please post it in this thread within two weeks. That is a December 22 deadline. Thank you for your participation with this. It will be fun.

My deepest appreciation to all of the participants and voters.

Thank you a million times over to all participants.  I loved all of your poems and I admire your willingness to bare your souls. It  makes me feel as though I know you each on a deeper level which, for me, is a privilege. I hope you had fun in spite of the frustrations with timing.

Other than a topsy-turvy couple of weeks causing delays in the life of yours truly, I would call this challenge a success.

Now I would pass the torch to Tom 10 but he has, thankfully, already taken the initiative. Please be sure to participate in Tom 10's Poetry Challenge and all future challenges so that we can keep this community going.

Remember, if you win and feel overwhelmed about running the challenge yourself, there are two volunteers who will run it for you. That would be me and Tom 10. Any other's willing to run a challenge, speak up.

**********     Congratulations Tom 10!      **********
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:39:34 PM by DGSquared »
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline DGSquared

• View Profile
    • Station Shorts
Ha ha ha! I don't know about what your screen looks like of my last post but mine is on the move. I'll come back on IE and fix it in a bit.

We are still under evacuation orders and I smell smoke, so just in case I can't get back here for awhile, I want to thank you all for your patience, kind words, encouragement, thoughts, and prayers. It's been a stressful week to say the least. I will start a thread about it when I can.

Although we are within the mandatory evacuation area, we are right on the edge of it, so the sheriff isn't making us leave. They stopped by late last night to make sure we were aware of our status, took a head count, verified we are all able bodied, took my name and phone number, and attached a pink ribbon to our mailbox. My son saw a red ribbon on a mailbox up the road. Not sure what the different colors indicate but I can guess. Maybe FF can enlighten us, though it may be different in Oz. Access to this area is forbidden unless you have proof of residency. A sheriff patrol car is parked across the street from us, so we'll get word if we have to leave in a hurry. The winds have all but ceased and there is a wide swath of fire retardant and one more ridge between us and the fire on one side and the rest of the fire has moved way down wind. We have been soaking our roof and the trees adjacent to the house with a sprinkler and taken every precaution by removing dead leaves, tumbleweeds, and brush from the yard. We are being vigilant and proactive. The rest is in God's hands.

Thank you Linda, for relaying messages for me. We were without power last night and the night before, when I stepped onto our patio and saw a glow turn to flames and crest the hill in the distance I was trying to quell my sense of panic. Also FF, thank you for your level headedness and for reminding me to stay focused. I love you! You are an angel on Earth.

It isn't just times like these that bring into focus what a great community we have here. I feel it every time I visit. A website community like this is a treasure to me and I'm sure many, if not all of you, feel the same. I hope we can stay positive and keep MWC viable because it is a treasure trove of words, stories, and friendship.

Hugs all around.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
~Deb

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:35:44 PM by DGSquared »
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Online Tom 10

• View Profile
Re: Voting Poetry Challenge #150 Praise Poem, Let's See What You're Made Of
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 01:01:33 AM »
Bless you, DG2.  :)
Featured link: http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=55584.0

Offline Catherine F

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 12:03:24 PM »
Deb fingers crossed that the fire will collapse. I've known the situation years ago, in S-E  France, where summers are very dry, and the wind powerful. Every summer firemen fight to save houses and villages/towns... It's terrifying. Hopefully things will calm down soon.
Best wishes
Catherine

Offline DGSquared

• View Profile
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2017, 06:45:25 AM »

For those of you who participated in the Praise Poem Challenge, don't forget we all owe Tom a poem.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:47:14 AM by DGSquared »

Blondesplosion! ~Deb