Author Topic: What's in a name?  (Read 2634 times)

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: What's in a name?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 06:26:37 PM »
But I dread to think of the possible consequence of having a Tipsy Imperial Concubine and a Rambo Primrose in the same garden.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Jo Bannister

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 07:01:19 AM »
I suspect you're going to need the Bishop of LLandaff.

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 05:37:13 AM »

I have a rose in my garden called Tipsy Imperial Concubine, which, in my opinion is the best flower name ever. And yeah, I bought it just so I could say "Go look at the tipsy imperial concubine out by the wood shed!"
Wonder what she had to drink? ;D :o I'm sure that beat out the old blush which I read as old bush, making this funnier than it ought to be to me. ;D
What a glorious name.  I had no idea it existed so I looked around on the web.  Pretty little thing isn't she?

That's what all the guys say. ;) ;D

Tipsy Imperial Concubine is almost enough to make me want to try and grow roses.

Would that make you a madame?  :P ;D

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb