Author Topic: To surprise my daughter I put online retailing and delivery to the test.  (Read 434 times)

Offline Gyppo

• I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
At 11-30 pm on Sunday 10th September I placed an order for a home foot-spa for my eldest daughter, who was safely at home sleeping the sleep of the truly exhausted after walking 62 miles without sleep.  My other daughter already has one and swears by it.   I ordered it for next day delivery to her address, between 10 and 12.  The 7 - 10 option seemed a bit barbaric if the the deliveryman woke her ;-)

Apparently her husband woke her at mid-day, with some food and a puzzled look.  "What have you been buying from Argos?  I hope it wasn't too expensive."

It seems there's nothing in the packaging to give away the sender's identity.  I simply never thought about it.

Strikes me items of cheap jewellery or racy underwear could be a fairly cost effective way for a divorce lawyer to drum up business ;-)

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline AJ Trelawny

• View Profile
Re: To surprise my daughter I put online retailing and delivery to the test.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 02:58:28 AM »
Best gift ever. Thankyou x
Soaked my feet while watched the strictly come dancing episode from Saturday on catch up.

Offline Laura H

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 07:10:56 AM »
She earned that soak!
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

heidi52

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 05:49:11 PM »
I bet that gets a lot of use. Thoughtful present, and well done on the stealth delivery.

Offline fire-fly

• Global Moderator
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 02:25:24 AM »
 :D :D

Great job Gyp and AJ is in soaky heaven
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D